MR-2 Roadster for saleAdd to Favourites
** TOYOTA MR-2 ROADSTER CONVERTIBLE **
For sale here is my Toyota MR-2 Roadster convertible (mk3) in red; selling as I now have a more family-sensible 4x4.
Ok, where do I start?
- This car comes complete with a new 12mth MOT (no advisories), which does not expire until June 2018.
- Low mileage for its year; it has only done 78,261 miles (an average of just 5,217 miles per year!)
- She has the genuine Sony stereo/cassette(!) unit, and the original MR-2 alloys, and has the spare wheel and tool kit that fit in the boot (which is on the front, if you didn't know).
- All four tyres are good, with lots of decent wear left on them, and she is really good on fuel (because she only weighs just over 900kg).
- This model comes complete with the TTE twin stainless steel exhaust (sounds nice), and the TTE roll bar.
- Driver and passenger air bags.
- No leaks to the hood.
- Hood folds with no issues.
- Glass rear window (heated).
- No stranges knocks or bangs.
- No black, blue, or other coloured exhaust smoke.
- Drives great and is a lot of fun.
- Sounds nice.
- V5 log book (in my name).
- Some service history.
As you might expect for a car that is 15 years old there are a few bits and bobs, but these DO NOT affect the car, but I always like to be genuine and honest:
- It appears that whomever owned the car previous to me kept the driver's side facing the sun. This has resulted in a slightly different colour tone down this side (basically it's faded). This probably contributed to the next point...
- Sadly, on the driver's door some of the lacquer has peeled, exposing the paint to the elements in a couple of spots (see pics). There is also some peel on the boot (although not that noticeable)
- The driver's seat bolster has some wear to it, but it's not overly bad (personally I was going to fit leather seats in, if I had kept her).
- The remote locking key fob has snapped away from the key (there is a spare key). The fob still works fine (see pic), as does the spare key. A replacement fob can be bought on eBay for about £10.00 if it really bothers.
- There is a tiny (and I mean TINY) hole on the hood, which I have repaired with recommended (marine) sealant. You can see how small this is by the pic; that's my little finger in the picture. This has NEVER leaked.
- The electric aerial has stopped working (and is stuck approx half way up (or down!)) Apparently this is the cheapo plastic gears that Toyota used in making it. Radio reception still works fine.
I have never thrashed the engine or driven her at stupid speeds (although she is quite capable, and is pretty quick).
She is priced to sell, with the bits and bobs mentioned above taken in to consideration.
, DN6 9AD