Search found 2035 matches

by jimi
14/01/18 21:13
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Help does anybody recognise this car
Replies: 6
Views: 128

Re: Help does anybody recognise this car

PM me the VIN number and I can get that info for you from the EPC.
by jimi
14/01/18 18:57
Forum: MK2
Topic: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit
Replies: 12
Views: 192

Re: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Bit of confusion going on somewhere, 3D pin 2 isn't R-L according to the diagram you posted. Look at the bottom section [J/B No3 Inner Circuit] look down the left hand side and you'll see 3D-2 is connected to the R (Red ) circuit which is fed from the 15A Dome fuse. Further down you'll see the R-L c...
by jimi
14/01/18 18:31
Topic: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Re: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

R-L is Red and Blue, Toyota don't use Lilac, they do use Violet but the code for that is V (page 5 of the electrical diagrams pdf has a list of the colour codes.
by jimi
13/01/18 23:58

Issue has been isolated to one circuit: junction box 3 (behind instrument cluster), connection 3D, pin no. 2. When he removes this wire, the fault goes away (at least the fan and dials work). He needs to trace back along this wire to see what's on that circuit. Million dollar question: is the alter...
by jimi
13/01/18 21:19

I can understand why he's not looking at the alternator, (apart from not being told about the Alt fuse blowing) since the fuse has been replaced and hasn't blown again then whatever fault caused it to blow isn't there now, so not much point in looking there. He's trying to trace the fault that is ca...
by jimi
13/01/18 17:19
Topic: headlight unit height adjustment
Replies: 22
Views: 245

Re: headlight unit height adjustment

From your description it sounds like the limit switch is acting up, I'd say your correct, it's motor replacement time
by jimi
12/01/18 9:18

The splines are tapered (like a wiper arm) so you need to release it from the taper, usually levering it from 2 sides similtaneously will get it.
by jimi
12/01/18 0:17

MK2 motor showing the splined shaft
by jimi
11/01/18 23:14

The MK1 rods are different to thatand are adjustable, however it still sounds to me like the motor arm is in the wrong position, I seem to remember it's secured by a nut onto the motor shaft which is splined, would only have to be a spline or so out to cause the exact symptoms you have described. MK...
by jimi
11/01/18 18:39

What you could do as a temporary measure is to pull the RTR fuse, then use the knobs to set the lights where you want them. They will stay in that position until you replace the RTR fuse
by jimi
11/01/18 17:07

1999 would be a Rev5, you'll struggle to find Rev5 diagrams, I've never seen any, best you'll gett is the 1995 diagrams which you can download from here http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/download-cats/download/11-mk2/68-1995-mr2-wiring-diagram.html They should be close with possibly some minor differences but ...
by jimi
11/01/18 16:54

Those adjusters aren't "adjusters" they are purely there to allow a method of raising/lowering the headlights in case of electrical/motor failure. The positioning (height) of the lights is mainly controlled by the length of the rod and the position of the lever on the motor shaft, the limit switches...
by jimi
10/01/18 15:55

There's an upper and lower limit switch built in to the motor, they should stop the motor just before the bump stop, otherwise the motor could stall while trying to drive through the bump stop. Moving the arm would obviously affect both the up and down positions but a spline or so may be all it need...
by jimi
10/01/18 14:54

Sounds like the arm on the motor is set too high causing it to go over the TDC, either that or the limit switch is wrong but I'm not sure the limits are adjustable. I think the arm attaches to the motor via a splined shaft so is adjustable. The rod on a MK1 is adjustable and I think the MK2 is as we...

Go to advanced search