Search found 1578 matches

by Gazza_DJ
19/09/17 14:05
Forum: MK2
Topic: Cold start issues
Replies: 5
Views: 63

Re: Cold start issues

Try bridging B+ and FP in the diag port. This bypasses the fuel pump relay. If it works you know it's problem related to the relay or the circuit that energises the relay, resistor pack, fuses.
by Gazza_DJ
19/09/17 10:43
Topic: Finding a oil leak
Replies: 13
Views: 215

Re: Finding a oil leak

The OEM gasket is metal, but there are aftermarket fibre/paper ones available. They were fitted to my Gen3 engine. Complete garbage. Could see where it had been leaking, and was a PITA to remove all of it!
by Gazza_DJ
19/09/17 10:34
Topic: Lining up timing marks
Replies: 14
Views: 97

Re: Lining up timing marks

Regarding the pulley bolt, there are two different types of bolt. Earlier cars have a big flanged bolt, later cars have a bolt with captive washer. The earlier bolts are a PITA to remove if they've been on for some time which is probably why Toyota changed them! The problem is you have to break the ...
by Gazza_DJ
17/09/17 20:14
Topic: Rear brake disc and pad change
Replies: 34
Views: 489

Re: Rear brake disc and pad change

Yep, you can buy it direct from Toyota... or via their official eBay store. PN will be different though as the tube I have is twice the size.
by Gazza_DJ
15/09/17 10:32
Forum: ICE
Topic: Replacement CD player advice
Views: 183

Re: Replacement CD player advice

Show me a water tight MR2 door, and I'll show you an MR2 that needs to be used more often :laughing :p
by Gazza_DJ
14/09/17 16:10
Forum: South East
Topic: Essex Regular Meet - 14th September 2017
Replies: 24
Views: 446

Re: Essex Regular Meet - 14th September 2017

Possible I'll be a little late - table is booked under MR2 for 1945hrs - 2000hrs so if I'm not there at the usual 1930hrs please carry on as usual and get your table / drinks!
by Gazza_DJ
14/09/17 10:28

I gather the tubby's had some better OEM stereo options than the Spyder's, but I've been really impressed with my replacement of the OEM HU and speakers in my 2007 Spyder in terms of simplicity and weight - the headunit has a reasonable onboard Mosfet 4x50W and it's a QUARTER of the size and weight...
by Gazza_DJ
14/09/17 10:17
Topic: Mounting a 3sgte on to a stand
Replies: 5
Views: 91

Re: Mounting a 3sgte on to a stand

I'm using the subframe bolts on mine as I had some spare. And yeah, flywheel needs to come off.

You need to remove the flywheel to replace the crank seal and housing gasket on that side, and you'd be mad not to replace that while you've got it out.
by Gazza_DJ
13/09/17 17:29
Forum: South East
Topic: Essex Regular Meet - 14th September 2017
Replies: 24
Views: 446

Re: Essex Regular Meet - 14th September 2017

Bump - will be booking the table tomorrow morning.
by Gazza_DJ
12/09/17 10:15
Forum: MK3
Topic: Crawl along in 1st without stalling?
Replies: 1
Views: 81

Re: Crawl along in 1st without stalling?

Yes, that's normal, and won't cause any damage.
by Gazza_DJ
11/09/17 15:55

Yep, that can cause that problem. Had that on my first MR2 thanks to whoever fitted the pads before I bought it. Only found out when the brakes were grinding from where the pad backing plate was contacting the disc!
by Gazza_DJ
11/09/17 13:57

If one side of the disc is clean and the other side is not then that's probably a slider issue. MR2's have a 'floating' caliper, so it relies on the caliper being able to move freely on the slider pins to put any force on the pad on the other side to the piston. As long as the slider is not corroded...
by Gazza_DJ
10/09/17 17:38

I've never had a disc get stuck on. Shouldn't require hours of hammering to free it. One firm hit from behind should break it free seeing as the only thing holding it will be corrosion.
by Gazza_DJ
10/09/17 9:31

I know a couple people who just replaced the OEM speakers but retained the OEM amps. Don't know if they did wiring as well, but it worked well. The OEM amps are much better than the crap internal amps on an aftermarket stereo.

Go to advanced search