Search found 45 matches

by novinno
15/01/18 7:42
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: looking to buy a MK2 MR2, any advice?
Replies: 21
Views: 350

Re: looking to buy a MK2 MR2, any advice?

Unfortunately the desire to own an MR2 often overcomes the reality of the car's condition and for any advice asked for and given.

The very best of luck to the buyer.
by novinno
12/01/18 21:02
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: looking to buy a MK2 MR2, any advice?
Views: 350

Re: looking to buy a MK2 MR2, any advice?

I'm also wondering whether the OP checked the MOT history. What is most impressive is the speed with which those major corrosion defects were remedied prior to retesting (at a different test centre each time) in both 2007 and 2013. :tumble: Well done sounded a bargain :clapping: :clapping: :clappin...
by novinno
01/12/17 5:43
Forum: MK2
Topic: Leaving front fog light switch on permanently?
Replies: 20
Views: 327

Re: Leaving front fog light switch on permanently?

You frequently ask for help and advice on this forum and usually you have many replies given freely to assist.

With the attitude you are displaying in this post towards those who yet again are trying to help and advise, you may well not find that help so forthcoming in the future I think.

:zip
by novinno
17/10/17 15:03
Topic: Repairing U.K. front foglight case/brackets?
Replies: 4
Views: 110

Re: Repairing U.K. front foglight case/brackets?

This seller has a pair of fog lamps with undamaged brackets for sale on eBay for under £100 delivered and he is open to offers. Obviously make sure they are suitable for your car and that they are in the condition listed. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK2-1991-1999-front-fog-light-left-passen...
by novinno
23/09/17 13:11
Topic: Help Identifying Part :)
Replies: 7
Views: 217

Re: Help Identifying Part :)

Yes, common problem on a Mk2. Wouldn't usually advise second hand ones but if the link works here's a pair you might consider. I believe they are about the price of a single one from Toyota. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK2-SW20-REAR-LOWER-STRUT-BARS-/162682181025?hash=item25e09d15a1:g:WnAAA...
by novinno
14/07/17 13:39
Topic: Mk2 Interior Rear View Mirror
Replies: 0
Views: 117

Mk2 Interior Rear View Mirror

This is a real left field question. Has anyone successfully dismantled and re-assembled a Mk2 interior rear view mirror? I cannot see how it was put together unless the shiny plastic gasket/seal around the mirror was heat welded to the main body. Why do I need to know? The screw that is accessible t...
by novinno
10/07/17 18:16
Topic: Rear fog lights no worky.
Replies: 20
Views: 626

Re: Rear fog lights no worky.

A basic guess.

Did you have the headlamps switched on when you flicked the rear fog switch ?
by novinno
10/06/17 16:46
Topic: Rear screen surround gasket?
Replies: 6
Views: 604

Re: Rear screen surround gasket?

Following on from my post immediately above. My MR2 is Zircon Blue. Been trying for a long time, without success,to find out the following: - Does anyone have a 2 that has not been re-sprayed and can tell what colour the plastic gasket should be? Black or Blue etc. If coloured is there an everyday o...
by novinno
17/11/16 18:32
Topic: Rear screen surround gasket?
Replies: 6
Views: 604

Re: Rear screen surround gasket?

Just bought one from the dealership.

£18 as near as makes no odds. :crybaby: Not many left apparently.
by novinno
02/07/16 20:16
Topic: High pitched metal chirp (with video)
Views: 1185

Re: High pitched metal chirp (with video)

I suggested that might be the problem on June 22nd.
by novinno
22/06/16 13:25
Topic: High pitched metal chirp (with video)
Views: 1185

Re: High pitched metal chirp

After the work you have done it seems unlikely but could be a very small stone lodged between the pads and disc somewhere. Could even be an anti-rattle spring coming into contact with the disc
by novinno
06/06/16 19:43
Forum: MK3
Topic: Glove Box Key?
Replies: 3
Views: 675

Re: Glove Box Key?

Samreedy wrote:Same key for me

Maybe your ignition barrel got changed or the box lid got changed

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

What he ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ says ! :D
by novinno
30/05/16 10:10
Topic: Front Struts / Shock Absorber Inserts
Replies: 5
Views: 501

Re: Front Struts / Shock Absorber Inserts

So to be clear... Have you bought brand new front struts? These come with the inserts in! Are the new inserts for the rear? If you are putting inserts into strut housings then 50ml of oil is all that is needed. Thanks for your reply. Poor use of the language on my part I'm afraid. I have replacemen...
by novinno
25/05/16 20:59
Topic: Front Struts / Shock Absorber Inserts
Replies: 5
Views: 501

Front Struts / Shock Absorber Inserts

I'm replacing my very rusty Mk2 standard N/A front struts with new ones and also renewing the shock absorber inserts. (I've already bought these so the question I pose is the answer I'm looking for). What is the recommended oil or grade of oil that should be used in the struts once the inserts are i...

Go to advanced search