Search found 60 matches

by benckj
24/12/17 3:29
Forum: MK2
Topic: Rev3 Mk2 3S-GTE Turbo - Cuts out when hot and won't restart til cold
Replies: 20
Views: 353

Re: Rev3 Mk2 3S-GTE Turbo - Cuts out when hot and won't restart til cold

Rev 3’s are failing now. Have had 2 myself and many of the US ones are seeing issues. For some reason the rev3’s have more serious issues than just erratic idle.
by benckj
23/12/17 17:20

My money is on faulty caps in ECU. They all seem to be playing up now. Jim That's a pretty sweeping statement, what evidence is there to back it up ? The odd one here and there doesn't quite fit with "they all seem to be playing up now" I don't recall many posts (if any) on here of faults that came...
by benckj
23/12/17 2:13

My money is on faulty caps in ECU. They all seem to be playing up now.

Jim
by benckj
10/12/17 22:08
Topic: Car not starting, Possible Fuel ECU fault.
Replies: 17
Views: 251

Re: Car not starting, Possible Fuel ECU fault.

If the brushes stick then its crud in the fuel. Normally I'd agree with you but not in this case. Hardly a speck of dirt or debris on or around any of the parts including inlet sock, pump internals or tank. External filter changed at regular intervals and no problems with any of my other cars inclu...
by benckj
10/12/17 20:11

While I agree with you there was not anything else wrong with motor when it failed so I can only conclude the stuck brush was because of it riding on edge of armature. It did work for 100,000km but failed shortly after (in the dead of winter as well). When I replaced with a Walbro255 I took the oppo...
by benckj
10/12/17 19:33

Managed to upload a pic to post above. I can tell you it wasn't a debris issue and one brush was stuck due to what I believe uneven wear. Was able to monitor pump problem as I have a pressure gauge on my AFPR and I noticed it was erratic before it died on a trip to town. Could not get pump to run ev...
by benckj
10/12/17 19:08

I would suspect fuel contaminants, fuel additives or even water in the fuel for reducing the life of the pump to only 100,000Km. Can suspect all you like but I can tell you the pump, filters and tank are as clean as my dinner table. Brushes are all good but can see how it was not centered on the ar...
by benckj
10/12/17 7:00

At 100km on clock mine became very erratic then died. When I removed it I dissected the internals and found one of the brushes stuck in open position so it could not make contact with armature. On closer inspection I could see that the brushes were not centralised and wore uneven due to not being sh...
by benckj
08/12/17 20:50
Forum: ICE
Topic: Front door speakers.
Replies: 3
Views: 87

Re: Front door speakers.

Door cards are identical in as far as attachments go. Often the window switch assembly can cause issues and tabs get broken. Keep trying and remember to lift bottom out then card up to remove. Speakers should be identical so left of right is not a concern. Wiring it to head unit is unique to positio...
by benckj
07/12/17 22:29

As above, jumper the B+ ands FP ports in diagnostic box and listen for pump running. If it doesn't run or make a variable noise this most likely the pump has died as this check by-passes the ECU control and relays. Can confirm by installing pressure gauge on fuel rail to monitor. Having replaced a f...
by benckj
06/12/17 7:46
Topic: Power steering fault
Replies: 8
Views: 160

Re: Power steering fault

Did you try the key ON key OFF x 30? Most of the time it will clear the relay and PS will operate as normal .

Jim
by benckj
29/11/17 20:49
Topic: Leaving front fog light switch on permanently?
Views: 327

Re: Leaving front fog light switch on permanently?

That's a bit of a crack-up. According to those road rules you don't need your headlights on when there is street lighting. Are not the motorways lit up? Where is the part where you need to have a person walking in front of vehicle carrying a red flag to warn pedestrians? At least the rules are quite...
by benckj
29/11/17 19:08

No "parking" lights in the UK as such, sidelights are a required running light Side lights = parking lights From any country I've ever lived in you should not drive with them on unless headlights are ON. For what its worth I've had numerous near misses over the past 20+ years from people driving wi...
by benckj
29/11/17 17:36

Technically there is no problem running fogs when parking lights turned on. I’d be more inclined to install some decent DRL’s as really shouldn’t be driving with parking lights on. These lights are for when your stationary or ‘parked’. If interested I’ll post a pic of my DRL which helps others see y...

Go to advanced search