Search found 2741 matches

by shinny
07/11/17 18:48
Forum: MK2 cars for sale
Topic: Sold - Toyota MR2 MK2 revision 5
Replies: 10
Views: 248

Re: For Sale Toyota MR2 MK2 revision 5

Didn’t realise they made rev 5’s outside of Japan. Do all the UK versions lack passengers air bag and have the older style steering wheel? UK rev5s are much, much more common over here than JDM ones. Aside form the normal differences between GTi16 and G-Ltd (inc. climate control and retracting mirr...
by shinny
07/11/17 9:35

Must be a special UK version rev 5 as it lacks some of the bits from JDM models. It's a UK GTi16; of course it's got a different spec to JDM G-Limited cars. Having owned three rev5 GTi16s, the only thing I can immediately see that's missing from what I'd expect is a lack of red stitching on the ste...
by shinny
06/11/17 18:59

Heck, I'm only 15min away... ooooh the temptation!
by shinny
29/10/17 12:02
Forum: MK2
Topic: Keep blowing front foglight bulbs!
Views: 147

Re: Keep blowing front foglight bulbs!

I am just checking you understand halogen bulbs and your not handling the glass of the bulbs before fitting, as the fat off your fingers will shorten their life. Very good call - fell foul of that one when I was younger! On the subject of their use I know someone who argued with the police and won ...
by shinny
29/10/17 0:30
Topic: Keep blowing front foglight bulbs!

Re: Keep blowing front foglight bulbs!

Well, firstly, your use of foglights is illegal: Rule 236: "You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced..." Fog lights don't generally light up where your eyes should be looking. An advanced driving course would teach that you should have your eyes on "full beam"...
by shinny
26/10/17 14:12
Forum: MK3
Topic: GazRev1Tubby Brake Upgrade questions
Replies: 2
Views: 60

Re: GazRev1Tubby Brake Upgrade questions

Gaz now owns a Supra, so whether he's liable to pickup a post in the mk3 section on here I don't know. I've never heard of anyone trying to fit these to a mk3 rather than the mk2 they were designed for. The real value of the kit is the adaptor translating the mk2 caliper mounting points to mount the...
by shinny
13/10/17 2:27
Topic: Front lip and undertray clip fixings
Replies: 7
Views: 140

Re: Front lip and undertray clip fixings

I don't think you're only solving half the issue, Pete. The front bumper (or lip, I forget which) has tabs with holes in protruding inside the car for those kinds of clips to go through. It sounds like OP has found all of them damaged beyond use, meaning there's nothing for those clips to attach to....
by shinny
03/10/17 14:03
Forum: MK1
Topic: Passenger Window Stuck
Replies: 17
Views: 302

Re: Passenger Window Stuck

Typically the fault is that someone has pressed the square lock button on the driver's side switches - that would disable all movement of the passenger window though, so there's something wrong here anyway. Still worth checking you're aware of the button and that you've checked that's not the proble...
by shinny
03/10/17 13:17
Topic: Berk Exhaust System
Replies: 9
Views: 258

Re: Berk Exhaust System

Yeah, I set off alarms with mine... it's generally a constant RPM that does it, so it normally happens when I'm already trying to creep around.
by shinny
02/10/17 22:38
Topic: Berk Exhaust System
Replies: 9
Views: 258

Re: Berk Exhaust System

I love mine, but I wouldn't call it quiet... it's not uber loud, but it doesn't whisper either. Alas my turbo is off the road, or I'd happily take you out in it. It would probably help if you told us where you are in the country though, ideally by adding it to your profile, cos there's no point a he...
by shinny
29/09/17 21:03
Forum: ICE
Topic: Rev2 Stock Head Unit locked 'HELP'
Replies: 3
Views: 135

Re: Rev2 Stock Head Unit locked 'HELP'

I've never known an MR2 HU with a code! (Sorry, that wasn't helpful... par for the course with me though)
by shinny
29/09/17 0:19
Topic: Replacing front wings
Views: 206

Re: Replacing front wings

Snapping studs may not be the end of the world provided only one of each pair snap ;)
by shinny
28/09/17 23:33
Topic: Replacing front wings
Views: 206

Re: Replacing front wings

Let's see what I can remember... 3 bolts along to top, under the bonnet 2 nuts on the forward edge mating to studs in the bumper (a bit fiddly) 2 nuts on studs on the strip of trim (plus the screw hiding behind the front indicator) 2 screws to remove a small pice of plastic trim at the rear back of ...
by shinny
28/09/17 16:21
Topic: UK foglight bulbs?
Replies: 6

Re: UK foglight bulbs?

Just fitted an led pair from the Bay. They are most definitely much brighter. That sounds pretty cheap for something that is genuinely brighter than a filament bulb. What technology does it use? I've tried a number of brake light LED bulbs and decided not to settle for anything less than 10x Cree Q...

Go to advanced search