Moderator: ChrisKnottIns

Topic author
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

We’re celebrating our 40th birthday!

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

At Chris Knott Insurance, we’re delighted to be toasting 40 years in business. Our founder, Chris Knott, started the company when he realised that car club members such as yourselves would be viewed as ‘good risks’ from an insurance perspective.

He therefore set about creating a business that focused on the needs of particular sectors, such as car owner clubs and forums.

We’ve grown since then but we’re still as dedicated to getting competitive premiums for car owners who take pride in their vehicles. And we’re just as committed to giving your club a reward for every policy we sell to its members.

If you’d like to find out more about our Car Insurance, click the link below, we can get you a bespoke quote in just 7.5 minutes. We don’t use call centres and we never work via a script, so you can get all of your options clearly explained to you.

https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/motor-insu ... insurance/

If you’d like to get a quote, try giving us a call on 0800 917 2274. You can also ask me any questions you have by posting a comment here.

Best wishes,

Simon

Chris Knott Insurance – official forum insurance partner
Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
and QUOTE REF: 744-MR
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Peter Hardy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: We’re celebrating our 40th birthday!

Post by Peter Hardy »

I took a policy out with Chris Knott a couple of days ago for my JDM MR2 Mk1b T-Bar.

Cost - £166. I paid £101 two years ago and £124 last year. Usual crack with constant increases 😢. My existing company hasn't got round to providing a renewal quote yet (as at 22/6 for a policy expiring 9/7) but CTM suggests around £152.

Why did I look elsewhere? My existing cover uses Markerstudy who have a lot of really bad reviews. The excess is £175 compulsory and doesn't include any agreed value component.

Chris Knott - very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful on the phone. Policy has a £100 excess. Agreed value included and agreed almost immediately from filling a form in and sending 6 photos. I'm now with Highway, part of LV. There's always bad reviews to be found with every insurer but my thoughts were that £14 more for a smaller excess, agreed value and a hopefully better insurer (🤞never needed) was money well spent.

Hope this is useful for other club members.

PS - I'm 61 and retired. With a classic policy I don't accrue any NCB. My full NCB is used on my daily driver.

Edited to add - I have an agreed limited mileage of 5,000 included in this policy. I probably won't need that much but better safe than sorry! I've done 1,400 since the end of April :D .
Best regards

Peter.

1988 JDM Mk1B T-Bar

Topic author
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: We’re celebrating our 40th birthday!

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Peter Hardy wrote: 22/06/23 18:18 I took a policy out with Chris Knott a couple of days ago for my JDM MR2 Mk1b T-Bar.

Cost - £166. I paid £101 two years ago and £124 last year. Usual crack with constant increases 😢. My existing company hasn't got round to providing a renewal quote yet (as at 22/6 for a policy expiring 9/7) but CTM suggests around £152.

Why did I look elsewhere? My existing cover uses Markerstudy who have a lot of really bad reviews. The excess is £175 compulsory and doesn't include any agreed value component.

Chris Knott - very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful on the phone. Policy has a £100 excess. Agreed value included and agreed almost immediately from filling a form in and sending 6 photos. I'm now with Highway, part of LV. There's always bad reviews to be found with every insurer but my thoughts were that £14 more for a smaller excess, agreed value and a hopefully better insurer (🤞never needed) was money well spent.

Hope this is useful for other club members.

PS - I'm 61 and retired. With a classic policy I don't accrue any NCB. My full NCB is used on my daily driver.

Edited to add - I have an agreed limited mileage of 5,000 included in this policy. I probably won't need that much but better safe than sorry! I've done 1,400 since the end of April :D .
Thank you Peter :D

Simon
Chris Knott Insurance – official forum insurance partner
Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
and QUOTE REF: 744-MR
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Return to “Chris Knott”