125,000 miles, MOT until 7th March, thousands of pounds spent over the last two years. I’ve had a lot of fun with this car in the time I’ve owned it and would love to keep it but sadly it no longer gets used and I need the space.
• New parts fitted summer 2017 include: second hand complete engine with excellent compression, brand new clutch, timing belt, water pump, and driveshaft seals
• Both outer and inner sills professionally replaced, undersealed and wax cavity injected by an MR2 specialist
• All electrics are fully functioning: electric windows, heated mirrors, pop-up lights etc.
• Drives nicely: handles really well and has plenty of power
• Induction kit sounds fantastic
• Paintwork in generally very good condition for its age
• Loads of service history
• Slight knocking from the steering rack when driven over bumps
• Handbrake sticks on one side due to the mechanism being slightly seized
• Rust patch under the bonnet (looks bad but hasn’t got any worse in the two years I’ve owned the car)
• Rust along the bottom of both doors
• All four wheel arches just starting to rust as well (worst two are shown in the photos)
• Oil level sensor doesn’t work so the warning light is always on
I’ve tried to describe the car as accurately and honestly as possible. It isn’t perfect but does bring a smile to my face every time I drive it and would make a great weekend toy. Please note the radio head unit is not included but I do have an old one that can be thrown in if required.
|Year of registration||1999|