The time has come to sell my beloved MR2 turbo. The car is originally a UK Revision 2 with 7 previous owners registered in 1993. I have owned this car since 2014 and it has wanted for nothing, not a thing. I have receipts and invoices for every single part and bit of work this car has had since I bought it, I could literally cover my living room floor with them. In 2018 the car had a full Revision 3 turbo engine and gearbox conversion.
The car is still registered as a non turbo so it’s your responsibility to tell the insurers. During this time anything at all the car has needed has been attended to regardless of cost. It’s just had a new timing belt kit including water pump, plugs, new rear tyres and been fully undersealed again, HSD adjustable Coilovers and a new turbo and downpipe were fitted a few months prior to this.
The engine recently had a full leak down and compression test and is in perfect health. I have run this car on Shell V-Power religiously and it has had an oil and filter change every 3-5K. You’re welcome to speak to my mechanics that have looked after this car the past three years to verifying ask anything at all. Everything works as it should, no smoke or worrying rattles, the car has all the necessary supporting mods to allow you to run a reliable 17psi boost if you want although I’ve always run around 15psi as that’s plenty. Currently running a reliable 300bhp.
When the car had its conversion I changed the mileage to 50K as I also had new shocks, springs and brakes fitted plus the car got fully polybushed all round so I think that’s fair. Mileage is currently 58K.
This is a very, very fast car and will only increase in value the same as all JDM performance cars are. MOT’d till August 2021.
I’ll be sad to see this go but a new business forces the sale. Please don’t waste my time with stupid offers or swaps, if you do, prepare to have your time wasted in return.
Bad points, well none really considering the cars age.
The top of the A pillars need rubbed back, treated and painted as they have a little surface rust. Some paint has been blown off the front of the nose of the car by an idiot at a car wash but you wouldn’t see it unless it’s pointed out.
The alloys could do with being refurbished.
The car was involved in a very light non fault cosmetic accident resulting in the plastic nose cone needing a bit of attention that’s all. No structural damage or lasting issues in any shape or form.
It’s not absolutely pristine but then few are, what this car has is zero rust and is still on its original sills. It’s been properly cared for, maintained, has a strong, reliable and healthy Revision 3 turbo engine and these are getting harder and harder to get if at all.
I think the price is more than fair but I am open to serious close offers. Cash only sale, no test drives without the cash in my hand and proof of insurance. £5500 ono.
Below are some of the upgrades and spec.
- 17 inch Hyper Zygen 5ZR alloys.
- Tyres are 235/40/17 rear and 215/40/17 front.
- HSD adjustable Coilovers.
- Front and rear strut braces.
- Fully polybushed all round.
- Slotted and dimpled uprated discs all round.
- Uprated braided brake lines front and rear.
- Uprated polybushed ARB bushes front and rear.
- Walbro 255 LPH race fuel pump.
- Turbo fuel filter.
- Turbo E153 gearbox.
- Full revision 3 3S-GTE turbo intercooled engine, gearbox, driveshafts and hubs conversion.
- Turbo clutch pedal.
- Toyosport intercooler.
- Berk stainless steel down pipe and full exhaust system.
- Forge Blow Off Valve.
- Blitz Electronic Boost Dual Solenoid Controller.
- Front spoiler lip.
- Uprated headlight bulbs.
- Led bulbs all round inside and out.
- Quick shift gear change.
- HKS Turbo Timer and voltage gauge.
- Gloss black wrapped T-Bar glass.
- Push button engine start.
- Carbon wrapped gearshift surround.
- Plasma full backlit dials.
- Omori 45mm centre psi boost gauge.
- Momo steering wheel.
- Limo tint rear window and quarter glass,
- legal tint passenger and driver side glass.
- Limo tint sunstrip.
|Year of registration||1993|