2010 MR2OC Euro Tour 5th- 10th August P5 Route done.

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

badgerbob
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: 2010 MR2OC Euro Tour 5th- 10th August P5 Route done.

Post by badgerbob »

im counting down the minutes lol :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

mr2big
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6

Post by mr2big »

BlackIce2 wrote:I am fairly scared now as i havent got loads of problems.

I thought you were going to say you were scared because you heard Noreen was going to do some of the driving. :laughing

most of my mechanical bits (costs) would have to be sorted before i moved on to the next stage of the project. I have just ended up paying out sooner than later.

What's all this talk about air conditioning :sad: , I doubt if I will have time to get my one fitted before the trip.

But I will give it a go :)

Michael

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

In the interests of keeping costs down how about either of these two? Really need to book tonight / tomorrow :)
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

BlackIce2

Post by BlackIce2 »

Ready and waiting , not bothered with what we go for .

Topic author
d-peg

Post by d-peg »

Michael, (and iPhone Tomtom users)

You can pre-program the route into TomTom on the iPhone, save it to said date and start time then add to calendar to recall as and when needed! Just done Eurotunnel to Davos and took 5 mins. Will get the rest settled in once i have a bit of free time at work :th:

badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Hotel/ ... iNumber=48

thinking this is probably my fav out the selection, with it being the last night im just thinking a nice hotel would be a good way to end everything and to ensure a decent nights sleep for the long drive home :th:

mr2big

Post by mr2big »

badgerbob wrote:http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Hotel/ ... iNumber=48

thinking this is probably my fav out the selection, with it being the last night im just thinking a nice hotel would be a good way to end everything and to ensure a decent nights sleep for the long drive home :th:

I quite agree, I would be happy with this :D

Michael

badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

Right peeps, i should have sorted this a bit earlier but who have you got your breakdown cover with? my only concern is the majority of the companies who offer european breakdown cover will only tow the vehicle home if the market value of your car is greater than the recovery cost this is where we hit a problem as mr2s arent valued at a great value.

BlackIce2

Post by BlackIce2 »

Gone with AA as i am a member already.

mr2big

Post by mr2big »

AA website does talk about returning the car to the UK.

The RAC website says roadside repair or towing to the nearest garage

Michael

badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

That's who I was gonna go with (aa) but now I'm not sure if they would bring my car back , I phoned them up to queary and they state that recovery of the vechle back to the uk is only possible if the recovered vechles value is greater than the cost of recovery, its the sly bit in the small print :( , I'm trying to get in touch with them of A) what they value an mr2 at and B) the furthest distance we will be at and how much the recovery would cost from there,

mr2big

Post by mr2big »

What normally happens if your car is recovered from Europe it is brought back to the UK on a transporter with several other cars. This obviously reduces the costs considerably, but you may have to wait a week before your car is returned.

Out of interest I have just asked for a transport quote for returning a MR2 from Monte Carlo to Folkestone in Kent. http://www.nationdrive.com/list.php?page_id=14

If the worst came to the worse I have a car trailer and I am sure we can find a vehicle with a tow- bar.(Dan’s BMW :D )

Michael

Topic author
d-peg

Post by d-peg »

badgerbob wrote:http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Hotel/ ... iNumber=48

Yep fine - we'll go with that one. Will book tomorrow :) (or Jessica will ;) )

As for breakdown cover,

Moneysupermarket
Try to fix problem at Roadside: Yes
First Call will pay the call-out charge and up to one hour’s labour costs for one of their approved repairers to attend the scene of the breakdown and where possible carry out emergency repairs.
Recovery to the nearest garage only: Yes
If the vehicle cannot be repaired within 1 hour at the scene of the breakdown, First Call will pay the cost of transporting the vehicle to one of their approved repairers.
Roadside help: Yes
Recovery to any UK destination: Yes
If the repairs cannot be successfully carried out at the scene of the breakdown then First Call will pay the cost of recovery or the vehicle driver and up to 4 passengers to the nearest suitable garage, or recovery to your onward destination, or home address whichever is nearest.
If abroad and your vehicle cannot be repaired at the scene First Call will pay the cost of transporting your vehicle, driver and up to 4 passengers to a destination within the territorial limits* up to the value of the vehicle.
Recovery of up to 7 passengers: No
Home start up: Yes
Assistance at your home.
Car hire/Train ticket/Accommodation: Yes
If repairs (within the UK) cannot be carried out within an agreed reasonable period, First Call will offer one of the following:
- the cost of alternative road/rail travel for the driver and up to 4 passengers to one destination, plus a return journey for one person to collect the vehicle;
- the cost of one night accommodation up to a total of £100 a claim (excluding food and drink) for the driver and up to 4 passengers up to a maximum of £40 per person, maximum overall of £200 per claim;
- the cost of suitable car hire for up to 48 hour's up to a maximum of £100 per claim.

If your vehicle cannot be repaired on the same day as the breakdown while abroad, First Call will pay:
- hotel accommodation costs for you or the driver plus up to 4 passengers up to £50 per person per night, up to a maximum of £500 per claim;
- the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle up to a maximum daily rate of £50 for a maximum of 7 days. Any replacement vehicle provided on the European mainland must remain within the territorial limits*.
The maximum payable for any claim from any one breakdown is £2,000 or the current market value of the vehicle, whichever is lower.
Caravan or Trailer included? Yes
Average call out time: 35 minutes
Maximum number of calls per annum: 6
No claims discount: n/a
Exclusive Features: 10% discount for second vehicle.
£76.95 with First Call - whereas AA want £76 for the 6 day trip. not heard of First Call but gives me a years cover. Anyone heard good or bad things about them?

BTW Michael - the BMW is not going ;)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”