Lands End to John O'Groats July 2011

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 5 days old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Lands End to John O'Groats July 2011

Post by spanky »

Mr_Wedge wrote:Spanky,
It might need six :whistling: and some tyres.
By the time you get to the start and home again you will probably have covered about 1500miles without massive detours.

You are probably looking at 8 fills and two sets of rear tyres .... and a full service at John O'Groats :D

Sounds like a great run but it would be way too pricey for me. You need to add another £200-300 for me to get there and get back.

Google has the journey at 837miles and 15 hours. The last 300(ish miles is the same as the first day and second morning of last year's Highland Run including going through Wick.

Post up plenty of pics :th:

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

At 80 miles to a tank on boost, at the inflated fuel prices im out.Would love to but no.

Mr_Wedge
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Lands End to John O'Groats July 2011

Post by Mr_Wedge »

Spanky, your about right with that, when I do the Highland Drive ( best event I've been on so far with the OC ) that's 1500 miles, that usually costs me around £500 in fuel, so with accommodation on top, I reckon all in should cost £800-£1000. I will hit the old credit card hard and worry about it later. But it's something I've wanted to do for years, I could do it in my Saxo for half the cost, but I want to do it in the V6 just for the utter madness.
I've seen so many bumper stickers for the 'Ring' you just imagine how big the sticker is going to be for this bugger! Lol.
Alan's got a sprint series event the weekend we return, now that's hardcore!
3.0 V6 3vz-fe
Built by Rogue Motorsport.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

spanky wrote:
Mr_Wedge wrote:Spanky,
It might need six :whistling: and some tyres.
By the time you get to the start and home again you will probably have covered about 1500miles without massive detours.

You are probably looking at 8 fills and two sets of rear tyres .... and a full service at John O'Groats :D
....and two clutches, a head gasket change and plenty of coolant given Wedgey's track record :laughing

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

spanky
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by spanky »

Howlin_Mad wrote: ....and two clutches, a head gasket change and plenty of coolant given Wedgey's track record :laughing

HM

now that's just mean :laughing

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 5 days old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”