Invite to Suprapod at Santa Pod

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
smarty79

Invite to Suprapod at Santa Pod

Post by smarty79 »

Hi, my name is Steve and I help run the Supra owners club over at http://www.mkivsupra.net

For the last 5 years we have hired Santa Pod for an exclusive event with limited numbers on the drag strip and also space in the drift area.

Each year we have opened it up to more and more clubs and this year we would really like to see some MR2's at the event.

We have a limit of around a 100 spaces on the drag strip which avoids any sort of queues, generally you can do as many runs as you want on a fully prepped track. We have had competitors do over 50 runs in a day so if you want to get your car on the strip then this is the event for you.

We have a limit of around 35 spaces on the drift area, which again is a small number making sure the queues are minimal.

We do not run the event to make money, we run it in the hope of breaking even, we just run it as a nice day out for members and guests.

If you are interested in coming along then please visit our web site
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?246715

and if you want to buy tickets then please visit
http://www.mkivsupra.net/suprapod2011.php

Hope to see some of you there, if you have any questions then do ask.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Invite to Suprapod at Santa Pod

Post by shinny »

Thanks for the invite, Steve, and for contacting admin before posting :th:

For anyone intereested, this is held on Saturday 13th August... unfortunately not a date I can do myself.

Topic author
smarty79

Post by smarty79 »

No worries on the invite and contacting you guys first :)

Would be good to see some of you there.

Topic author
smarty79

Post by smarty79 »

No interest in this from you guys?

Topic author
smarty79

Post by smarty79 »

Only 2 weeks left until this now guys, so if you would like to come along and have a go on the strip or the drift area please see the links in the first post for more info.

:)

Topic author
dr_blackman

Post by dr_blackman »

I may pop along to watch as I'm a former supra owner but can't afford to kill off the poor clutch in the mr2 down the strip :) I'm assuming I can pay to watch on the gate mate? :)

Topic author
smarty79

Post by smarty79 »

Yes, if you just want to watch you can pay on the gate.

I recognise that user-name, you used the same one on Supra forum?

Topic author
dr_blackman

Post by dr_blackman »

Yes that's right same username I had a 98 quicksilver supra :( sold it 3 years ago now to buy a house, still miss it! Dave

Topic author
smarty79

Post by smarty79 »

Less than a week to go for this great event, so if you are interested in coming along and going on the strip or drift area please see the first post above to book your tickets.

Thanks
Steve

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”