Planes, Games and Automobiles at Goodwood

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 4 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
baz995

Planes, Games and Automobiles at Goodwood

Post by baz995 »

Hi all, many thanks to Paul for offering Piston Heads help with regards to helping promote this event for a very good cause. In my capacity as the Sporting Bears South West Rep it gives me great pleasure to let you all know about a fantastic day out that the team I am working with have organised.

TITLE

Planes, Games & Automobiles at Goodwood June 4th 0900-1700

THE EVENT

This event will have three main elements focusing on providing a great day out for families and petrol heads alike. On June the 4th come and celebrate the Jubilee with us on a right Royal day out in the heart of Sussex at the wonderful Goodwood circuit/Aerodrome, home to the world famous Festival of Speed and the Revival meeting. Image
PLANES:

Fly In for aircraft with waived (pre-66)/reduced landing fees
Static Displays including a Spitfire
Royal Navy Historic Flight (TBC)
Helicopter Pleasure Flights courtesy of Elite Helicopters Image
Chinook Display (TBC)
Lynx Display (TBC)
Fun Cake Fly In

pre-book pleasure flights here: http://elitehelicopters.co.uk/shop/heli ... utomobiles
GAMES:

Jubilee themed day for all the family including a huge picnic table focused on providing as much fun as possible for families and the children:

Treasure Hunt; find the hidden clues to win a ride in a Ferrari or an alternative prize
Cake baking competition with prize cake being supplied by Miranda Gore Brown
Games, Three legged race, Egg and Spoon and Sack races
Vintage bus rides for the children around the circuit
Fancy Dress -1950's style - prize for the winner
Jubilee Street Party, in the spirit of the 1950's
Sports Adventure Stars activities
Bouncy Castles and Fun Runs
Children's craft competition Image
Jackie James Jewellery
Purbrook Teddy Bears
RNRMCF Crafts
Bouncy Castle
Juni and Jack
Face Painting
Willow Crafts
Military Band
Revival Hats
Craft Stalls
Book Stalls
Cartoonist
Tombola
Tarot

AUTOMOBILES:

A track/dream ride focused element. The car events will include track sessions throughout the day of up 30 cars up to 98 dB with the addition of a further 10 cars running passenger rides including:
Passenger laps in Duncan Grahams Time Attack 800hp Hawkeye Impreza
Passenger laps in Mark Feighans Black Widow Tuning Impreza
Parade laps Fangios 1952 Ferrari to lead the parade laps (TBC)
Photography from the ever popular Nick Williams http://www.nwvt.co.uk/HomePage.aspx
Photography also from CSDigitalAutomotive http://www.csdigitalautomotive.co.uk/
Photos for the passengers by Mark Connell
Beck-Beth Cox Ladybird Racing in attendance
West Sussex Military Vehicle Trust
High speed passenger laps
FF1600 also for sitting in
Virgin Racing F1 car Image

The Track day:
Sessioned Track day of 15 minutes each allowing for sessions for:-
NOVICES INTERMEDIATES EXPERIENCED
Superb value at only 160 per half day and 300 for a full day
Book an extra driver for as little as 30
Fully marshalled by Goodwood staff
Book a passenger for an extra 10
Helmet hire for 10 per person http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r152 ... MVR02d.jpg
All cars will be subject to a noise test at a static 98dBs @ 75% revs at a distance of 3 metres and also subject to a drive- by noise test of 96dBs.

Some of the cars attending so far include a McLaren MP4-12C, Aston Martin V12, Ferrari F355 Spider, Ferrari 360; the list is on the rise so please get in touch if you would like to attend in either track or static form.

The Chairman of Virgin Racing has kindly donated F1 memorabilia for auction and raffle. He has also donated Virgin merchandise with the proceeds going to the Henry Surtees Foundation. Rumours of the Virgin Girls attendance will be confirmed in due course. John Surtees has been invited to open the event. Follow this link for a booking form and more info http://www.revivalhats.com/Track%20day.htm

Dream Rides from the Sporting Bears http://www.sportingbears.org.uk/DreamRi ... elease.htm
Building on an already proven and exhilarating attraction, the Sporting Bears will be carrying out their famous Dream Rides around a 10 mile route of Goodwood through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Static Car displays with the children judging best car. If you and your club would like to come along please let me know so we can allocate you your own pitch. Clubs invited, with more to follow to date:

Of course the one and only Piston Heads
Porsche Club GB (up to 20 cars)
Avenue Drivers Club
Wessex Ferrari Owners Club
TVR Owners Club
Club Scuderia
GTROC

WHY

The event is in aid of the Royal Navy & Royal Marines Childrens Fund RNRM Childrens Fund| http://www.rnrmchi ... /about-us/ with all proceeds going directly to the charity. Formed in 1902 it is one the oldest childrens charity in the UK. They support children with mental and physical disabilities, however due to operations in Afghanistan the support to families due to bereavement has risen sharply over the last few years.

As we can all see from the news, the fatalities have been heavy and the charity is committed to looking after the bereaved children and supports them up to the age of 21. Over the course of 2010/11 we assisted 1600 children at an average cost of 798 per child. Of these:

49% were suffering from a disability or mental or physical illness.
40% were due to the consequence of parental illness or death.
11% due to the impact of parental relationship problems (these are increasingly due to the parents post traumatic stress)

REGISTER

PH calendar please add your name http://www.pistonheads.com/calendar/event.asp?i=27529

ORGANISERS

Baz Firth-South West Sporting Bears Rep.bazfirth@talktalk.net
Simon Wright- 'SimonJW' Track Day and passenger rides.Si Wright|sjsw@ntlworld.com
Max Walker-Sporting Bears
Huw Page-Sporting Bears
Lorie Coffey-RNRMCF
Clare Scherer-RNRMCF
Last edited by baz995 on 09/04/12 13:45, edited 4 times in total.

Topic author
baz995

Re: Planes, Games and Automobiles at Goodwood

Post by baz995 »

anyone offer me some advice about entering this into the calendar please?

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

anyone, please?

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

Update: Porsche Club GB are attending with 20 cars and just awaiting confirmation of a Carerra GT in that line up :)

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

Hi all,

can someone please let me know how to add the event to the calendar? any mods or admin online that can help. :)

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Hey Baz just got you PM.

Im game, some things im sure others will ask and will need to know.

how much does it cost?

Timings?

Is the club invited as in club area? Or individual?

How much are those mega activities gunna cost?

Do you need me this adding to events?

:th:

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

Hi mate, thanks for your support, I do a lot of these events now for charity and this one is the first for my chosen charity RN & RM Children's Fund.

So to answer your questions

how much does it cost? Its completely free to get in

Timings? 0900-1700

Is the club invited as in club area? Or individual? Both, if you can get enough interest i can allocate you a pitch

How much are those mega activities gunna cost? Ok so if you want to go on a dream ride that will be dependant on the car you go out in from £25 up for a 10 mile run, for the blue ribbon cars eg Aventador this will be more but then where else will you ever get the chance to go out in some supercar and hypercars for a 10 mile run eh :) passenger rides which is 1-2 laps of the historic Goodwood circuit balls out are £25. We have some great cars already signed up. If you want a half day track day for an individual then its £160 or £300 for a full track day again amazing value for money. If you want to do passenger rides for the public on the track then your track fees are waived ;)

Another option I am prepared to offer you three 'Full day' track places for £750 - that's £150 off - for effectively 45 minutes of track time per hour for 6 hours albeit in one 15 minute slot. Please bear in mind that this means there could only be three of your members on track at any one time but that could still mean 18 members for the day @ approx £41 each for 15 mins on track - bargain!!

Do you need me this adding to events? yes please

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Access denied :blink:

hmmm, will have to get a rep to add this.

There must be more people willing to come to this, it sounds great. :th:

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

cheers mate :-)

would be great to some of me ole mates there, if you need any help with Yeovilton let me know, sadly i wont be there as i will be here for 10 days

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... warcom.htm

but more than happy to help.

And if you are interested in helping out raise money for the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Childrens Fund doing motoring stuff and some really cool motoring stuff please let me know, one of the highlights for me was the NEC last year where we raised £37k over 3 days doing dream rides, bloody awesome fun and all for charity.

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

Track days are now discounted for early birds, £230 for a full day and £135 for a half day until the end of April.
Now that's what I call cheap!!

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

We have now just passed the 60 supercars attending mark and are focusing on club static now, we have the ST/RS Owners Club, GTR Owners Club, Club Scuderia, Wessex Ferrari Owners Club and Porsche GB Club in attendance. If MR2OC want space for up 15 cars can you please let me know as soon as you can?

Best Regards

Topic author
Les

Post by Les »

I would be up for this, its only down the road from me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Topic author
baz995

Post by baz995 »

I will be closing the list for static clubs this Friday, please email me or PM if you are interested.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 4 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”