Charity dyno days

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
cj

Charity dyno days

Post by cj »

We recently had a great day out at Austec Racing, Crawley and it got me thinking whether we could roll out the charity dyno day to other regions?

It would mean somebody local contacting a dyno owner and finding out if he would be interested in the free publicity and word of mouth advertising in exchange for having all the donations for power runs going to the Macmillan Cancer Support charity - or even a split if the numbers were good enough.

What do you reckon?

If an event mod feels this is a good idea, maybe you can contact me and we can see if we can work out a way forward. Or if a member is interested in getting involved in organising something then that is fine too.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Charity dyno days

Post by topgun »

A Great idea Colin i will contact Reworks where i have held dyno days before I'm sure they will be able to accommodate us :th:

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Just spoke to Jeff at Reworks bad news they do not do dyno days any more but put me on to another company JKM ,if you email them Colin they will discuss it and let you know email addy
enquiries@jkm.org.uk :th:

Topic author
cj

Charity dyno days

Post by cj »

Thank you my friend. I will get on the case when I get home later

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

cj wrote:in exchange for having all the donations for power runs going to the Macmillan Cancer Support charity
So how does it work exactly?

Does ALL that money goes to charity and the dyno company take nothing?
Or do the dyno company cover their costs and send the profits to charity?
Or I guess the third option is the dyno company cover there costs and split the profits with charity?

Do the customers pay full price or a reduced rate?

I'd be interested in a dyno run if one was happening at a reasonable distance from me. I could organise one for the NW and surroundings if need be but I think there are other people in my area who have better relations with companies they have already given business to than I do.

Topic author
cj

Charity dyno days

Post by cj »

Hi rick - at the dyno day we did at Austec racing, Crawley all of the money taken for the power runs was given to Macmillan with Austec not taking a penny. The dyno runs were priced at £20 which was below their normal rate and it gave the car owner a print out but no tuning / diagnostic facility.

I have also come to the same agreement with Future Motorsport of Leicester who have agreed to a dyno day on the 28th of April. Again the runs will be £20 and all money taken will go to Macmillan.

Now, not every dyno operator is going to be willing to donate the whole takings for the day and if they offer a 50 / 50 split then it should still be worthwhile providing we get enough numbers on the day.

Does that make sense?

Topic author
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Yes, sounds like a brilliant idea.

I hope we can run one in my area.

I'll try asking at the next meet if any one is 'well in' with a dyno

Topic author
cj

Charity dyno days

Post by cj »

RickMcRick wrote:Yes, sounds like a brilliant idea.

I hope we can run one in my area.

I'll try asking at the next meet if any one is 'well in' with a dyno
Thank you very much.

If you or anyone else want any help or advice then please let me know and I will do whatever I can.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”