Toyota Only Trackday - Blyton park - Saturday 19th July

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
benedwards64

Toyota Only Trackday - Blyton park - Saturday 19th July

Post by benedwards64 »

Javelin Trackdays are holding a 'Toyota-only' trackday at Blyton park on Saturday July 19th. The Toyota Sprint Series are currently running a competitive event at Blyton Park on Sunday 20th July, and according to Colin there has been a fair amount of interest from competitors in a track-day thereso they can get to know the track etc.

Colin has agreed to open up Saturday 19th July at Blyton Park as a ‘Toyota Only’ track day. We couldn’t restrict it to just MR2s unfortunately due to potential number issues, but Colin is taking bookings for TOYOTAS ONLY UNTIL THE END OF MAY. If there are spaces available after that he will open the day up to the general public to ensure the day is viable, which I think is fair enough. A typical day at Blyton runs between 45-54 cars and so far the only people who know about this are you lovely lot! So come on everyone, get booking!

The details:

Cost per car: £139
Format: Open Pitlane
Noise Limits: 105Dba static
Sign-on time: 7.45-9.00am
Helmet hire: £10
Passenger pass: £5
Additional driver: £20
Tuition: £20

Book here:
http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... 1&Itemid=1

Currently there are a group of us driving up on Friday 18th July and staying at the Scunthorpe Premier Inn:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/SCUANC/scunthorpe

Blyton is a fantastic and technical track, which also benefits from miles of Armco-free run-off so you needn’t worry too much about bending your pride and joy. For anyone concerned, track-day insurance is available from a variety of companies.

The list of people who have paid so far is:

Ben Edwards - Toyota MR2 SC
Phil Cutler Toyota - MR2 Mk1
Phil Cutler Toyota - MR2 Mk1
Stan Hawrylak - Toyota GT86
John Ash - Toyota MR2
Paul Medway - Toyota MR2
Keith Stanbury - Toyota GT86 Turbo
Gavin Davenport - SW20 rev 2 V6
Dave Hillbrook - Toyota GT86
Phill Scott - Toyota MR2
Pete Mason - Toyota MR2
Dominic Godfrey - Toyota MR2 Roadster
Andrew Ayres - Toyota MR-S V6

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Toyota Only Trackday - Blyton park - Saturday 19th July

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Unfortunately I can't commit to this just yet, old man's 70th birthday weekend and as of yet, plans for the weekend are still undecided :blush: pencil me in as a maybe until I hear what he has decided to do....

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
benedwards64

Post by benedwards64 »

...and what better birthday present than a passenger pass that allows him a ride in any car there? ;)

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

benedwards64 wrote:...and what better birthday present than a passenger pass that allows him a ride in any car there? ;)
I think that might just finish him off Ben! He's a Volvo estate driver by day :facepalm:

:laughing

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

DAN@ADRIAN_FLUX
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Post by DAN@ADRIAN_FLUX »

Hi,
If anyone needs a quotation for track day insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Topic author
benedwards64

Post by benedwards64 »

Cheers Dan, good to know.

Quick bump for this, about twenty cars (all MR2s and a few GT86s) signed up so far, with about half a dozen more that I know about. Anyone else fancy a go? :)

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

benedwards64 wrote:so far the only people who know about this are you lovely lot!
Not any more - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... +19th+July

I can understand why but it brings with it an entirely new perspective which I'm not entirely comfortable with tbh. I'm deferring my decision until I have a better insight.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
benedwards64

Post by benedwards64 »

Hi Tony,

No worries, and sorry if this is a concern for you. My aim is to fill up as many of the spaces with Toyota owners as possible, and as has been the case since the start, Colin at Javelin has agreed to keep this for Toyotas only until the end of May before opening it up to the general public as of June 1st in order to fill the rest of the spaces and make it a financially viable day for them as a TDO - which I find hard to argue with really! :) Between the MR2 and GT86 clubs we'll probably fill up about 30 spaces in total (as an estimate) which is fine, but in terms of the other spaces available I'd rather they went to other Toyota owners who may fancy the idea of a single-manufacturer day. In all honesty I don't think the PH thread will do much, a fair few Toyota OC forums now have threads on this and it's primarily MR2s with a smattering of GT86s who have signed up. There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from the Supra or Celica fraternity which is a shame, and I don't have the time to sign up to the eleventy-million UK Toyota forums to spread the word - but in my mind if someone sees a post on PH and fancies a go (and has a Toyota!), the more the merrier.

If you're concerned this may attract the wrong sort, best bet is to keep an eye on this page:

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... Itemid=795

...which shows the cars which are booked and confirmed. I do hope you decide to come, it's shaping up to be a cracking day so far and it would be great to bring all the clubs together for a day
:hug:
Last edited by benedwards64 on 15/05/14 9:24, edited 1 time in total.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Nope.. Your link shows a car for sale on ebay ;)
Cars suck donkey balls

Topic author
benedwards64

Post by benedwards64 »

vinp182 wrote:Nope.. Your link shows a car for sale on ebay ;)

:blush: :laughing

Edited now - been looking for a track car for a mate who wants to join the TSS.

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by gavsdavs »

TonyleFrog wrote: Not any more - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... +19th+July

I can understand why but it brings with it an entirely new perspective which I'm not entirely comfortable with tbh. I'm deferring my decision until I have a better insight.
What's up Tony ?

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

gavsdavs wrote:What's up Tony ?
Draw your own conclusions mate. I'm not going to elaborate further on here. :no:
Ben has explained the reason for his decision. His call and I don't have an issue with that.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
benedwards64

Post by benedwards64 »

....and bump. Numbers are looking healthy but still space for more if anyone fancies it :)

Topic author
benedwards64

Post by benedwards64 »

I've had an email from Colin this morning and it's good news - the take up of paid Toyota spaces is almost half, and in his words, with 5 weeks to go that's pretty good for an idea like this. As such it's being held as Toyota Only for the forseeable :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”