Multi Region Cotswold Mega Run - 15th February '15 - Sign Up

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Multi Region Cotswold Mega Run - 15th February '15 - Sig

Post by SonicSW20 »

Realistically though, what can the RR or anyone for that matter actually do about it, if someone behaves like a "censored"?

Rev5 Sonic Shadow

B22_JLD
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by B22_JLD »

Jay you've helped me out alot today and I respect you but I'm with Tony on this one bud

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Its pretty simples really

A little bit of the info has been leaked and theres very little anyone can do about it now so we either get on with it or if people don't feel comfortable then maybe they shouldn't attend

Im not having a go at anyone here just putting it how it is

I'm certainly not gonna let a bit of leakied info ruin my day :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

To be fair if you search in Google 'MR2 Cotswolds' all the info is there from our very own OC. That's the reason we do not publicly publish routes.

Obviously if something untoward happens on the day then we will deal with it as best we can.

Let's not spoil the enjoyment with what might happen. The MR2 groups on FB are fairly limited to enthusiasts so I can't see it being anymore out there than it already is.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Post by TonyleFrog »

vinp182 wrote:Its pretty simples really

A little bit of the info has been leaked and theres very little anyone can do about it now so we either get on with it or if people don't feel comfortable then maybe they shouldn't attend

Im not having a go at anyone here just putting it how it is

I'm certainly not gonna let a bit of leakied info ruin my day :th:
If the horse has escaped there is indeed no point in worrying about the stable door. It doesn't mean you can't capture the animal later though. I'm certainly not put off. I'm much more concerned about the weather tbh. Not for the run, although that will be somewhat of a downer, but once we reach the main meeting point. Barrow Wake is about as exposed as it gets.
Gazza_DJ wrote:Realistically though, what can the RR or anyone for that matter actually do about it, if someone behaves like a "censored"?
There are a number of options depending on the degree of twattery. A quiet word might suffice. Otoh in the case I mentioned it was serious enough for the run to be stopped at the first opportunity. This was a simple task as we were using walkie talkies so the leader knew about the issue straight away.

The transgressor was told in the most forthright tone to go forth and multiply as his presence was not welcome. It was made very clear to him that if he didn't leave immediately he would be reported to the police for DWDCA. There would be 4 other witnesses to corroborate the complainant's version of events.

Message delivered and understood. Never saw him again.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

B22_JLD

Post by B22_JLD »

I still think Sunday is going to be brilliant :) there will be too many of us for someone to start. I have a question about cleaning as I clean and polish the motor every week like you should but I fear going on this run all the salt and grit and s#!t will make us all look like we have been rallying or don't care about our motors any way to stop this?
Attachments
Before Polish (001)_MR2oc.JPG

baileydom

Post by baileydom »

Weather looks OK on metoffice at the moment. Its raining early in the morning (early hours am) but just a bit overcast later

chris
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

B22_JLD wrote:I have a question about cleaning as I clean and polish the motor every week like you should but I fear going on this run all the salt and grit and s#!t will make us all look like we have been rallying or don't care about our motors any way to stop this?
Everyone's car is going to be dirty from the initial drive... don't worry about it...
...just give it a damn good going over once you get home :th:

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by gavsdavs »

TonyleFrog wrote: using walkie talkies.....
Is that an option? I have some handheld walkie talkies and a cb...

stuMR2lee

Multi Region Cotswold Mega Run - 15th February '15 - Sign Up

Post by stuMR2lee »

Dash cam primed and ready.

Car getting cleaned tomorrow. Being white it should last at least 5 miles before it's grey again:(.

PS: I've put Essex Meets on FB in the past. Were we overrun with people - er no.

I go on FB daily. I don't hear about other car forums having meets. I think you'd have to go looking specifically.

Are we saying MR2 owners should be excluded from this event if they are not on the OC, IMOC, or ROC? That's another debate entirely. Most of us are members on other forums as well as FB.

Don't Panic:). The weather will be what it'll be (anything but fog and/or ice is good). We'll repel any undesirables with our Light Sabres!

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by gavsdavs »

Its not the cars that other people may turn up in that is the concern, it is their on-road conduct. Most people here know each other and have driven together and nobody wants to win a reputation as a driving tit. We can't say that for random other people.

stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

Run will be immediately halted should that happen. Can always invite them to a view of the dash cam footage if we get such behaviour. The threat of sharing that footage with the BiB should help them decide to go on their merry way.

chris
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

stuMR2eye wrote:We'll repel any undesirables with our Light Sabres!
I'll bring mine... :laughing

B22_JLD

Post by B22_JLD »

Now that is awesome

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”