MR2OC - Track Time/Day

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

MR2OC Track Time - Whats your preference?

Silverstone Taster Sessions
36%
Snetterton Open Pit Lane Day
64%

Total votes: 11

Topic author
Woody928
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: MR2OC - Track Time/Day

Post by Woody928 »

Apologies all for not really monitoring this more regularly, unfortunately both my time and finances have been pre occupied with another project which hasn't allowed me to commit to this.

Given the overall lack of feedback and due to my financial position I'm not going to be able to invest any more time in this at this moment in time and think its not going to be until 2017 that I can seriously reconsider putting the time into organising an event (If someone else wishes to take the mantle up before then, then please be my guest). Hopefully by 2017 I'll have both the time and money to commit to this and get another event organised. My apologies to all of those who have expressed interest so far as it will be fantastic if we can make this happen.

Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

As an alternative for this year, how about Snetterton 300 open pit lane with Javelin on Sunday 13th November? £129 currently.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by gavsdavs »

Not sure i fancy a weekend one, I get the feeling that they get over subscribed and would attract the wrong sort (though I could be wrong). Looking at sorting a day out with my mate with the r32 sometime in sept, may well be Snett or Bedford.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Gotta be honest I've done a fair few open pit lane days on weekends and never had any dickheads there
Cars suck donkey balls

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

Same, open pit days are usually OK in that respect. As you have all day, people tend to take their time a bit more. There's less cars on track at one time, and they tend to be quite spaced out compared to a session format.

If you do encounter a "censored", just pit, tell race control who's being a "censored" (they've probably clocked them already), and go out again when they are off track.

Happy to do a weekday though if that's preferred. http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... 1&Itemid=1 or http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calenda ... n-gen.aspx maybe? Realistically we aren't going to get one in before JAE and needs a bit of time after that I think.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”