Engine internals

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
timnutt

Engine internals

Post by timnutt »

Hi,

Last year I discovered that my MR2 Rev2 Turbo block was leaking oil from the turbo oil pipe due to a badly installed heli-coil installed by the previous owner. After removing the engine and finding a refurbished block, I swapped out all the components and I'm left with a block, pistons, crank shaft and oil pan.

Do you think the block, or internal parts are worth anything? I'm about to remove the internals and take the block to the recycling centre.
Thanks
Tim

FirstMidship
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Engine internals

Post by FirstMidship »

Hi Tim,

To the right buyer, they're potentially worth something, but it might take a while for those parts to sell.

Its worth looking at completed listings on eBay for those parts and checking if they sold or not, if it doesn't look good, it is probably best to recycle the block and the other parts.

Hope this helps
Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev 5 NA (1999)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”