Epc

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Absu

EPC Discussion

Post by Absu »

by jimi » 06/07/19 15:37

registration number is no use as it only refers to the registration date not the build date
[/quote]

That's not entirely true! I've the import turbo model and I'll get the parts via registration number on Toyota system and it brings vin number...that's not the first one!

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Brake master cylinder for MK2 import

Post by jimi »

That's a new one to me, none of the EPC's I've seen or have access to use reg numbers, even my local dealers uses/needs my VIN number.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

jimi wrote: 08/07/19 1:23 That's a new one to me, none of the EPC's I've seen or have access to use reg numbers, even my local dealers uses/needs my VIN number.

I don't know...I've never been ask for a VIN number before and always ordered via registration and I had many imports,Soarers,Supra's MR2'S,Mitsubishi.. Just today I've checked using the registration and it came up with everything:Model,Year,VIN Number. That's via Toyota Alnord Clark.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

?
Last edited by Absu on 08/07/19 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

jimi wrote: 08/07/19 1:23 That's a new one to me, none of the EPC's I've seen or have access to use reg numbers, even my local dealers uses/needs my VIN number.

Hi there,

important update which I forgot to mention! You've mentioned EPC's that's the reason why you need VIN number
and that system is useless in both case scenario .I only need registration if using Toyota Arnold Clark system but in both cases whatever you give VIN number or registration it will give you a 2 choices. If the car have TRC and ABS or just ABS..in both cases you will need to see the vehicle to choose the right part!

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

jimi
Administrator
Administrator ??? anything you can add or explain? Just couple of replies and no feedback???

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

What's with the attitude ? no need for that.
What do you want me to say ? you have access to a parts catalogue that I don't, it can apparently utilise the reg number, excellent.
The official Toyota EPC (2005 version) that I have access to doesn't have any way of inputting a reg number only VIN numbers, quite possibly things have moved on since then. I can only go by my own experience, last time I was at my local Mr T (Western Toyota, last year) to get some parts for my MK1 the first thing he asked for was my VIN in fact we went out to the car and he wrote it down.

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

Hi there,

What's with the attitude ?

I'm glad you've asked..! Nothing really..! And thanks for your replay!

It was just a simple question and to such bolt statement from you! And annoyingly you've deleted my post regarding the driveshafts! I've done nothing wrong!!! Also can you please refer me to the site rules that I can't post anything that I need or I'm looking for????

As you've said earlier!! Registration number is no use as it only refers to the registration date not the build date and after.. (I have access to doesn't have any way of inputting a reg number only VIN numbers, quite possibly things have moved on since then)

Can you please provide the link to you... your official Toyota EPC (2005 version) ?? As far as I know...there is no such thing.!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Epc

Post by jimi »

And annoyingly you've deleted my post regarding the driveshafts! I've done nothing wrong!!! Also can you please refer me to the site rules that I can't post anything that I need or I'm looking for????
I already posted a quote from the rules on your other thread but here's the link you requested https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/rules.html

The Toyota EPC I have access to isn't online it's a program installed on my PC but here's a screen shot
Capture.JPG
Oh and I was wrong it's 2011 version not 2005. There's a couple of online versions but none are official
http://www.toyodiy.com/
http://www.japan-parts.eu/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

Hi,

thats looks very ancient! I'll check wit my Toyota.

Thanks for the links to the sites...

First one is absolutely useless..is doesn't even brings diagrams,

Second one is no better ether...if you got no vin then no parts.

I'm been using this site sometimes...far better then the 2 above and it uses proper parts diagrams.

https://www.amayama.com/en

p.s And in fact you can buy parts directly from them.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

I can see the diagrams on the first one. And both allow you to search without a VIN number
I suppose to some 8 years old is ancient, if so what does that make the MR2? :laughing

Topic author
Absu

Post by Absu »

jimi wrote: 17/07/19 9:17 I can see the diagrams on the first one. And both allow you to search without a VIN number
I suppose to some 8 years old is ancient, if so what does that make the MR2? :laughing
I've trued both no luck :confused1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Absu

Re: Epc

Post by Absu »

Compare to this one..more detailed :D

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Epc

Post by jimi »

both look fine to me
japanparts.jpg

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”