Volunteers to check out SW20 (Bath/Frome area)?

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SilentWings

Volunteers to check out SW20 (Bath/Frome area)?

Post by SilentWings »

Hi folks,

Am looking at a (hopefully!) nice clean Rev 3 SW20 turbo as my first MR2. Have discussed it on here before, although I seem to have misplaced the post… It has a couple of issues that I know about, trouble is it’s difficult to say how good or bad without seeing it. It’s 200 miles away from me in Somerset.

Is there anyone a bit more local who knows these cars and could have a look? At the asking price I can’t afford there to be too much wrong with it, thinking chiefly in terms of rust. Major mechanical maladies would also be a problem, accepting the fact that I know it is likely in need of a cambelt.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I’ve never seen one of these cars before. Compensation may be offered in beer/spirit of your choice :)
Link to ad: https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/toyota ... 1367868346

nick

Re: Volunteers to check out SW20 (Bath/Frome area)?

Post by nick »

It might be worth asking for more photo's and maybe a video of the engine running.

Topic author
SilentWings

Post by SilentWings »

I've got a few more photos (spoke to the seller back in Feb when it was initially listed), is there anything in particular we're looking for?
Eng bay clean.png
Eng bay clean.png (592.95 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Exterior 1.png
Exterior 1.png (542.79 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Rear quater.png
Rear quater.png (614.01 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Tailpipe.png
Interior.png
Interior.png (557.82 KiB) Viewed 40 times

nick

Post by nick »

Bodywork Sills, wheel arches, inner wings

Topic author
SilentWings

Post by SilentWings »

Is there a simple way to check the area inside the B-pillars (as ive seen pictures of rust where they meet the sill) or would that involve pulling the whole car apart?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”