GT86 in, MR2 turbo going.

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
G MR2 Turbo
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

GT86 in, MR2 turbo going.

Post by G MR2 Turbo »

Still love the MR2 but have decided to give it up. Absolute fortunes spent and fun had but the 86 is now taking priority and have decided not to spend any more money on the tubby.

Rebuilt the engine on the tubby added tons of tasteful mods nothing RICE but it’s time to let her go.

Final drive today.

Chris69
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: GT86 in, MR2 turbo going.

Post by Chris69 »

Sad day, don't think the 86 will live up to it.
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: GT86 in, MR2 turbo going.

Post by MR2DI4 »

Chris69 wrote: 15/07/20 21:53 Sad day, don't think the 86 will live up to it.
It doesn't but other things come into play eventually. What you want or need from a car changes. When you get older your over it, all you want to do is turn the key and drive it not have to continually work on it and throw money at it. With a newer car all you have to do is an oil change and the occasional air filter and brake pads, all of which are "Fun Jobs", quick to do and relatively clean. The days of crawling under the car and ripping sh1t out and getting covered in dirt and oil are over.

If Subaru release a factory 400Hp STi then its going to be a hard call for me in about 2 years time.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”