MR2 Turbo Daily Driver

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2T_Jake
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

MR2 Turbo Daily Driver

Post by MR2T_Jake »

So my 94 Turbo is my new daily driver.

After spending a lot of money on a forged engine, coil overs, gauges and more she is now being put to work and will see me through every day of the year!

Fuel consumption is obviously not the best, but it's all part of the joy of daily driving a 90s sports car!

Anyone else on here daily drive their MR2?

I can't figure out how to put in an image here, so this is my cry for help. :confused1:

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: MR2 Turbo Daily Driver

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

yes my 1991 rev1 with 3-0 v6 (3vz) I get about 26mpg but love driving it every day . :D
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

Yeah daily driver too! 1992 Turbo. Since 12 February 2019 when I've put the car on the road I've done around 43000 miles as of today...would do 14000 miles extra on the top of that if not used other Toy :laughing

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

MR2T_Jake wrote: 05/05/21 10:07 Fuel consumption is obviously not the best, but it's all part of the joy of daily driving a 90s sports car!
So what's your fuel consumption on your freshly build forged engine so far?

p.s Make sure you check you oil level daily depending on miles as those types of engines well known for oil burners.Not all but depends on components and other stuff.. :laughing

Topic author
MR2T_Jake
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by MR2T_Jake »

So far, still breaking in around 22mpg (very little motorway miles on way to work)

I check my oil every 2 weeks (habit from owning a r56 mini cooper with leaky stem seals) and since the rebuild it has done hundreds of miles and not burnt one bit.
I can't figure out how to put in an image here, so this is my cry for help. :confused1:

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

MR2T_Jake wrote: 06/05/21 15:32 So far, still breaking in around 22mpg (very little motorway miles on way to work)

I check my oil every 2 weeks (habit from owning a r56 mini cooper with leaky stem seals) and since the rebuild it has done hundreds of miles and not burnt one bit.

That's quite thirsty considering you're braking in the engine and drive it easy :shocked: I'm pretty much on the same mpg..but I have very heavy foot. :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”