Its official we are GWR holders


Topic author
topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Its official we are GWR holders

Post by topgun »

Well after getting fobbed of by GWR i constantly sent emails to various departments about the confirmationof of our previous world record attempt low and behold recieved this email today
Dear MICK JONES,

Thank you for your email.

We apologise for the delayed response.

Due to an administration error, your sent evidence was never logged as "received" in our system.

I have located the documents and approved your claim just now.

This is to confirm that you have set the new Guinness World Record for Largest parade of Toyota cars.

A certificate to commemorate this has been sent out to your address and should arrive shortly.

Congratulations to your achievement!

Yours sincerely,

Kristian Teufel
Guinness World Records
To say i am over the moon is an understatment,also a big thanks to my merry men of helpers Gaz.Kiz and Chris will be having quite a few beers at Jap Finale to celebrate this achievement. :yahoo:
Last edited by topgun on 28/09/10 19:57, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar

d-peg
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7221
Joined: 13/02/07 22:02
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 6
Real Name: Dan Dan DAN DAN DAN
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by d-peg »

Congrats to all involved. Wish i was able to attend but GF's birthday.. roll on the next one :whistling:

I guess you're going to post this on IMOC - ROC - mk1 - TwoBrutal as well Mick?
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out
User avatar

jimGTS
Posts: 2578
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3
Location: North Kent

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by jimGTS »

this for real???

only reason i ask is cause am amazed they eventually got back to you after id guess dozens of emails and phone calls!!

i thoguht the record was for signal market of cars? ie mr2s? but i guess 'toyota car' is enough, lol
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by topgun »

wibble wrote:just to confirm mick, which attempt was the record for 1 or 2, and the record is just for toyota cars yes as the MX5 lot did 400+ so its just for toyota

well done to all concerend
This is for WRA2 Mike, when i originally set up the record because they already had a world record set by the mr2s in the Netherlands we had to change it to largest parade of toyotas,why don't ask me we have a record and thats the main thing :yahoo:

Topic author
topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by topgun »

jimGTS wrote:this for real???

only reason i ask is cause am amazed they eventually got back to you after id guess dozens of emails and phone calls!!

i thoguht the record was for signal market of cars? ie mr2s? but i guess 'toyota car' is enough, lol
No Jim its a wind up lol :rolleyes: read the email they sent me :quote We apologise for the delayed response.

Due to an administration error, your sent evidence was never logged as "received" in our system.
But as you say they could have responded to messages left and previous emails but it least it will make all the doubters ashamed.
User avatar

jimGTS
Posts: 2578
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3
Location: North Kent

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by jimGTS »

only reason i said is this for real is cause its taken so long to get a reply from them, it was ment in jest, lol :D

well done to those who got at the as much as you did to get this all sorted...

what happened about this random £2k fee they wanted?


glad i made both attempts and now one on them isnt an "attempt", its a RECORD!
:yahoo:
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____
User avatar

iLogik
Posts: 2141
Joined: 22/04/05 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
Location: Birmingham

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by iLogik »

WOOP! Do we get a certificate or badge or our names in the book?
Genuine GT300 MR-S, 2ZZ-GE powered, 8.5k reving fun.

Topic author
topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by topgun »

jimGTS wrote:only reason i said is this for real is cause its taken so long to get a reply from them, it was ment in jest, lol :D

well done to those who got at the as much as you did to get this all sorted...

what happened about this random £2k fee they wanted?


glad i made both attempts and now one on them isnt an "attempt", its a RECORD!
:yahoo:
The £2k is if you want an official from GWR to attend and varify the record on the day,now onto WRA3 :yahoo:

Topic author
topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by topgun »

iLogik wrote:WOOP! Do we get a certificate or badge or our names in the book?
I guess you didn't read the attached email they sent me Al lol
quote A certificate to commemorate this has been sent out to your address and should arrive shortly.

Congratulations to your achievement!

Yours sincerely,

Kristian Teufel
Guinness World Records
User avatar

Howlin_Mad
Posts: 7754
Joined: 14/09/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Yes I have one ta.
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Fepping hell it's about bloody time!!!!!

:bigdance:

How about doing some stickers for the club shop Mike??

Does this mean we all get to meet Chris Akabusi??? :D

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6
User avatar

kayjay0_7
Posts: 168
Joined: 21/06/08 19:54
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: Kelvin
Location: Barkingside Essex

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by kayjay0_7 »

that's excellent news :yahoo:

glad to have been a part of WRA2 and roll on WRA3

Topic author
topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by topgun »

Howlin_Mad wrote:Fepping hell it's about bloody time!!!!!

:bigdance:

HM
Tell me about it bud they probably got fed up with me harassing them and gave us the record to get me of there case :laughing ;)
Just hope they post the certificate to my new address :whistling:
User avatar

badgerbob
Posts: 661
Joined: 08/10/08 19:34
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
Location: southampton

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by badgerbob »

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: ........tears of joy :D

sooo happy this finally got put though :yahoo: , with more growing mebers wr3 should be amazing :D

p.s could i get a copy of the certifacte to frame :D
User avatar

Howlin_Mad
Posts: 7754
Joined: 14/09/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Yes I have one ta.
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Its official we are GWR holders

Post by Howlin_Mad »

badgerbob wrote:p.s could i get a copy of the certifacte to frame :D
+1 on that! Get that badboy scanned in so we can all have a world record certificate! Would look good in my loo!

(on the walll that is!)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6
Post Reply

Return to “WRA post event chat”