Share your avc-r settings?

Topic author
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

if your having to change the duty then perhaps the self learn is causing the issues?

i'm going to try getting up the controller without the per gear settings enabled to see what differances it makes

Topic author
lioneld

Re: Share your avc-r settings?

Post by lioneld »

It says on an a article I found, In order for Feedback speed and Start Duty to work the Gears must be properly set in the Gear Judge feature.

Topic author
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

perhaps thats why i've been told by the tuner that gear specific settings should be disabled?

Topic author
lioneld

Post by lioneld »

Checked my graph tonight and I am getting a lovely straight line no spikes.

Topic author
Olly

Post by Olly »

lioneld wrote:Checked my graph tonight and I am getting a lovely straight line no spikes.
Cool. Keep an eye on it though as it can change.

Topic author
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

your not really all that near me tim - if you can explain what the settings do in english that would do me i'm pretty good with these things myself and i've got mine pretty much spot on now but i'd still like to know what everything does.

Seemed that removing the in gear control helped my settings a lot

Topic author
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

Whats the feedback and the RPM settings for?

Topic author
mark239

Post by mark239 »

I have mine set to 1.0 kg/cm2 until I fit the greddy i/c (rev 3 turbo)

Since I decatted and fitted the Berk exhaust, boost spiked to up to 1.15/1.2 for maybe a second when putting my foot down.

Start duty is about 5/5/8/8/8

the device is self learning - I have the 3 *'s on the screen where you would set boost & duty

What am I doing wrong?

Topic author
mark239

Post by mark239 »

I'll be needing a turbo kit off you soon :)

My previous experience has been with building Pug Mi16 engines - Who makes good piston & conrod sets for the 2? Do you carry them ?

I want about 400hp.

EDIT: Is 1.2 safe enough on standard internals? I drive the car at weekends. She has about 40k odd miles on her at present.

Topic author
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

just installed mine..

i want to run it low, prob about 0.9bar as its an uprated turbo but i want propper fueling for it so keep it low until then.

i cant get my head around all this duty etc stuff.. what do i need to set it to for 0.9 bar?

Topic author
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

pmsl! list.......... your telling me! haha

Topic author
jimmyb

Post by jimmyb »

Im just waiting for a couple of extra peices before I fit my new intercooler but whilst reading through this post I have decided to upgrade my mbc for one of these.

Would you risk using ebay to save a few £££'s? There a few new avcr's on at the mo:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-APEXi-AVC-R-E ... dZViewItem

Topic author
teamshocknick

Post by teamshocknick »

ok im running an induction exhaust.

I want the car set up so A= 1 bar and B=1.2 bar but im not hitting a bar in A and only hitting a bar in B

any advise as to what i need to set the other settings up as?

Also i have an intercooler and downpipe at home waiting to go on so is it worth me waiting to have these fitted then setting the AVCR up?

Topic author
slottymr2

Post by slottymr2 »

i wonder if anybody can help me. i've just picked up my first tubby and its fitted with an AVC-R , a ct20b turbo ,greedy intercooler , de-cat, rogue blue flame exhaust. i have'nt really got a clue how to use it ,set it up etc, and was wondering if anybody has got the instruction book or PDF file i could have a copy of. all i was told about it was that you can turn it off, push button a for mad performance, push button b for nutter performance!. not very helpful. i also would like to know what would happen if i change the exhaust system. this one is too loud and booming . would all the settings get upset by say putting a mongoose on it?

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”