Share your Blitz DSBC / SBC-iD boost control settings!!

Topic author
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

:mrgreen: Seems we have a sticky for the avcr but not the blitz , why! :angrymod: :mrgreen:

Currently running a gain of 23
Ratio of 69
It's hitting 1.05bar and tailing off to 1bar ( 1500rpm before redline ).

Yet to test the actuator weather was crap , getting a new one next month anyway . I'm reading different oppinions of the gain/ratio settings on these blitz controllers .

1. does gain only control how fast the boost increases or
2. does it control how fast it increases and how much boost you hold?.

CT20B

What are your settings and what turbo are you using.. I know they all differ but still id like to see all your different turbo boost controlled settings
Last edited by BLOODUK on 08/05/07 13:55, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Andytmyster

Post by Andytmyster »

Im just about to fit my blitz controller to mine and ill need some feedback on this but im seriously thinking of going down to my fav tuning garage and setting the car up on rollers properly, if this thread is still around by then ill post my settings, however mr2 turbos vary from car to car. Im sure mine will be different slightly compared to others perhaps.

Topic author
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Copy and paste from other forums!
AnDaLe wrote:Everyone may be different. Running stock CT26 still. CT20b sometime this month, so we'll see how it changes. Hitting 15psi everytime.

Gain: 70
Ratio: 50
SeanGTS wrote:T3/TO4E Garrett 54 trim, Tial 38mm Dump.

28 Ratio
25 Gain
Spike wrote:I've forgotten but I think my gain and ratio are set at 30. I'm running an SB46.

Kevin
simmo490 wrote:roughly i think i have my settings as follows

gain on 20

60 = 1.05
Last edited by BLOODUK on 08/05/07 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Steve

Post by Steve »

my settings on my blitz sbc id3 (ct20)

gain 35, ratio 57 = 1.1bar
gain 35, ratio 62 = 1.2bar

i set mine up in the summer, so it overboosts a bit in cold weather, but not enough for me to waste 2 seconds changing the settings :lol:

i get full boost at approx 2900-3000rpm

i dont think its dropping boost before the redline as i make peak power at 7k rpm and only drops a couple of BHP before the rev limiter

Last edited by Steve on 07/05/07 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Andytmyster

Post by Andytmyster »

Sounds interesting i don't know what gain mean really its still quite new to me lol

Dude are you going japfest this year?? Are you showing the beast?? to BLOODUK

Topic author
BLOODUK

Re: Share your Blitz DSBC / SBC-iD boost control settings!!

Post by BLOODUK »

Andytmyster wrote:Sounds interesting i don't know what gain mean really its still quite new to me lol

GAIN
It's not easy to describe what the GAIN really means. It helps to understand that the DSBC is able to alternate its two valves very quickly, especially when compared to other systems with only one larger valve. WIth this the DSBC is able to increase boost very quick ... but this can cause extreme and dangerous overboost situations. With setting the Gain you are defining how quick the boost rises. It's in your hand to accept a small overboost but reducing the Ratio to a healthy boost level when hitting the limiter.

We now know that the higher the Gain setting is the faster the turbos build up boost. This is simply done by starting to open the wastegates later, i.e. starting to alternate the Blitz solenoids. The Ratio then controls the length the solenoids stay open (frequency). Looking at the table in the DSBC manual didn't helped yet, but the longer it takes the more understandable it becomes

- A smaller Gain lets boost increase slower but prevents any overboost.
- A higher Gain causes a fast boost increase but you'll run in danger of overboost !
- The best is to set a Gain that gives only a small overboost that will be secured by a smaller Ratio limiter setting
The more Gain the quicker boost raises. Therefore increase the Gain only in small steps and always check the amount of overboost you'll get then ! The gain does not anything to the max continuos boost you like to have.

The more Ratio the higher boost you'll get. But be careful as a high Ratio combined with a high Gain can cause excessive overboost, even with a large Ratio reducement when boost hits the limiter. This is due to the system as the electronics can only act upon a situation that just occurs and then opens the wastegates. If boost rises very quick the delay until boost goes down from the open wastegates is somewhat big and therefore overboost too much.
:mrgreen:
The Ratio is the % of the maximum capable pressure the system can create. Therefore 100% means that the wastegates will never open, but 0% does not mean that they are stuck open ! In reality the wastegate actuators are preload with the internal spring pressure and boost must exceed a specific level until they open the wastegates. You can set Gain to 0 and any Ratio to determine what your system creates. But be careful when increasing Gain then as the pressure rises much quicker then and you'll run into an overboost situation. Always reduce the Ratio at the first run when Gain was increased before.

Topic author
Andytmyster

Post by Andytmyster »

ah i see now i kinda understand now cheers mate, i did wonder.

I should have it before japfest are you going??

Topic author
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Thanks for the sticky !!! :)

Topic author
schooleydoo

Post by schooleydoo »

:)

Topic author
BLOODUK

Re: Share your Blitz DSBC / SBC-iD boost control settings!!

Post by BLOODUK »

TB-Developments wrote:this again is very similar to the avcr sticky, the settings from one car to another are none transferable, something that works on one car won't nessesarly work on another car.
Whats the average gain most people have or the gain that you tend to use on ct20bs?

Currently have a ratio of 70 and a gain of 23 , still not holding 1.1 though not sure how high i need to put the gain up or ratio. You are too far from me to set up , shame ;)

Topic author
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Downpipe xspower , grinded to allow for any wastegate issues... Exhaust 5zigen , intake leaks none that i can see. It holds 1bar perfectly but not anything above it.

Car runs great though :)

Topic author
steveallart

Post by steveallart »

I set my gain to 20.
Ratio 10 = 0.5bar
Ratio 40 = 0.8bar
Ratio 50 = 0.9bar
Ratio 60 = 1bar

My car doesn't like much over 1bar.

However, just f cked my turbo, not sure if thats to do with hard driving or too much boost?

Hope this helps blood :)

Steve

Topic author
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Ok i can now hit 1.1 just fine and it only slowly tails off to 1bar..

But i needed 45 GAIN and 60 ratio to do it though , i did plant the throttle numorus times and it only overboosted to 1.12 just the once.

Topic author
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

TB the actuator was fine when we got it off the car , the one i bought was fine too... So out of ideas now

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”