Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post Reply
User avatar

griffo4
Posts: 5
Joined: 04/12/08 7:15
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
Location: wirral

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by griffo4 » 10/06/11 20:37

Very useful manuals, thanks!



User avatar

d-peg
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7204
Joined: 13/02/07 22:02
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 6
Real Name: Dan Dan DAN DAN DAN
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by d-peg » 27/10/11 12:04

The most useful weblink i have been given for finding Toyota Part Numbers....

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

MR2's

From the links below you need to select from VEHICLE CHARACTERISTICS pickboxes

RHD Right Hand Drive

For all available model in the UK then select transmission, body type, engine etc.

UK
Rev1 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1990_T ... _SW20.html
Rev2 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1992_T ... _SW20.html
Rev3 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1994_T ... _SW20.html
Rev4 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1996_T ... _SW20.html
Rev5 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1998_T ... _SW20.html

JDM
Rev1 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1990_T ... _SW20.html
Rev2 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1992_T ... _SW20.html
Rev3 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1994_T ... _SW20.html
Rev4 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1996_T ... _SW20.html
Rev5 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1998_T ... _SW20.html
(^appears to cover beams too)
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

User avatar

chefey
Posts: 871
Joined: 01/08/09 14:49
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: David
Location: Hexham

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by chefey » 27/10/11 13:04

d-peg wrote:The most useful weblink i have been given for finding Toyota Part Numbers....

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

MR2's

From the links below you need to select from VEHICLE CHARACTERISTICS pickboxes

RHD Right Hand Drive

For all available model in the UK then select transmission, body type, engine etc.

UK
Rev1 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1990_T ... _SW20.html
Rev2 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1992_T ... _SW20.html
Rev3 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1994_T ... _SW20.html
Rev4 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1996_T ... _SW20.html
Rev5 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_E_1998_T ... _SW20.html

JDM
Rev1 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1990_T ... _SW20.html
Rev2 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1992_T ... _SW20.html
Rev3 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1994_T ... _SW20.html
Rev4 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1996_T ... _SW20.html
Rev5 - http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q_J_1998_T ... _SW20.html
(^appears to cover beams too)
Can we put this in Know your 2 ?
Image

Friendship is like peeing in your pants: Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

User avatar

d-peg
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7204
Joined: 13/02/07 22:02
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 6
Real Name: Dan Dan DAN DAN DAN
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by d-peg » 27/10/11 13:10

I may go through this entire thread, de-chaff it and remove dead links first :th:
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

User avatar

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3641
Joined: 17/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Glenrothes: The Kingdom of Fife
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by jimi » 27/10/11 17:24

chefey wrote: Can we put this in Know your 2 ?
The problem with that is this
d-peg wrote: dead links
+ when it comes to toyodiy not everyone is equal, some can see the diagrams some can't ;)
Posts like this are why we started Really Useful Info, nice and easy to add or change links that tend to be ........... fluid :)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
Image


Fraserb
Posts: 9
Joined: 02/12/12 9:08

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by Fraserb » 04/12/12 18:11

Can anyone give me a link to the appropriate bgb workshop manual for a rev2 turbo please?

User avatar

shinny
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4625
Joined: 07/05/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6
Real Name: Mark
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by shinny » 04/12/12 18:16

Fraserb wrote:Can anyone give me a link to the appropriate bgb workshop manual for a rev2 turbo please?
The BGB linked at the start of this thread is probably as close as you can get online. It's for USA and Canadian '91 rev1 turbo and NA (5s-fe) but will be close enough for almost every job :th:

Single PDF: http://www.shinny.co.uk/toyota/91sw20.pdf

I also uploaded all the individual PDFs the other day: http://www.shinny.co.uk/toyota/MR2_SW_1 ... AIRMANUAL/

User avatar

shinny
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4625
Joined: 07/05/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6
Real Name: Mark
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by shinny » 04/12/12 18:55

Just reformatted the first post, removed a dead link and linked a few more documents :th:

User avatar

elliott
Posts: 16
Joined: 12/04/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Farnham, Surrey

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by elliott » 01/01/14 19:12

Thanks a lot shinny for the rev3 turbo supplement (from Celica ST205). :th: First time I've come across this in my 8 years of ownership. Always just about got by with the 1991 mr2 turbo bgb. Ever so useful!! :clapping:

User avatar

Chris69
Posts: 548
Joined: 05/02/09 20:06
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 4
Real Name: Chris
Location: Grangemouth

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by Chris69 » 20/04/14 17:31

Pretty neat parts list, It's american but you get pictures unlike toyodiy.

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/produ ... odel=14416
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

User avatar

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3641
Joined: 17/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Glenrothes: The Kingdom of Fife
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by jimi » 20/04/14 18:54

Chris69 wrote:Pretty neat parts list, It's american but you get pictures unlike toyodiy.
You can still get pictures on ToyoDIY ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
Image

User avatar

Chris69
Posts: 548
Joined: 05/02/09 20:06
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 4
Real Name: Chris
Location: Grangemouth

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by Chris69 » 20/04/14 20:26

jimi wrote:
Chris69 wrote:Pretty neat parts list, It's american but you get pictures unlike toyodiy.
You can still get pictures on ToyoDIY ;)
I've only ever been able to get them once, many moons ago at that. I know a couple of people can get them still but whatever "trick" the rest of us aren't privy too is it would be nice to share the information.
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

User avatar

stuMR2lee
Posts: 2984
Joined: 18/01/10 11:58
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6
Real Name: Stu
Location: Colchester, Essex

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by stuMR2lee » 20/04/14 21:00

I've found this site is helpful. Use the tabs to select your own particular car: http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/jp/199 ... ngine-fuel


Flashas
Posts: 3
Joined: 10/10/14 13:20

Re: Workshop manuals & other useful tech links

Post by Flashas » 10/10/14 13:38

Hi out there,

Im looking for a live link to a workshop manual for a 1990 SW20 Turbo

I have tried the other links and there not working

Help Please ????

Post Reply

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”