MR2 Insurance Scheme With Chris Knott Insurance

Moderator: ChrisKnottIns

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Tim-ChrisKnott

MR2 Insurance Scheme With Chris Knott Insurance

Post by Tim-ChrisKnott »

Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 20bhp.

It starts for ages 25 and over for Comprehensive cover and 19+ for TPFT cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed. Minimum age is 30 for Japanese imports and turbo models.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).
Last edited by Tim-ChrisKnott on 16/08/10 15:12, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: MR2 INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

Tim
Chris Knott Insurance - official MR2 insurance scheme
PLEASE QUOTE REF 744 WHEN RINGING US
0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961

Topic author
James_525

Post by James_525 »

Hi, I took out a policy with LV through you in october for a great price with good service :th: . However todat I caught a stone-chip. The crack is fairly small (~5mm), I was wondering if I'm covered for the free gel repair thingy autoglass adverts keep showing?

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

do you have similar deals with other cars? my son's 19 and has a golf vr6
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Topic author
Tim-ChrisKnott

Post by Tim-ChrisKnott »

James_525 wrote:Hi, I took out a policy with LV through you in october for a great price with good service :th: . However todat I caught a stone-chip. The crack is fairly small (~5mm), I was wondering if I'm covered for the free gel repair thingy autoglass adverts keep showing?
Yes, I used the same service on my windscreen last Monday.

Just give the Customer Service team a ring & they will organise the windscreen company to ring you straight back. It's a great service!

Topic author
Tim-ChrisKnott

Post by Tim-ChrisKnott »

Rhon wrote:do you have similar deals with other cars? my son's 19 and has a golf vr6
We do but you have to be 25+ on VR6's with us.

Topic author
James_525

Post by James_525 »

Tim-ChrisKnott wrote:
James_525 wrote:Hi, I took out a policy with LV through you in october for a great price with good service :th: . However todat I caught a stone-chip. The crack is fairly small (~5mm), I was wondering if I'm covered for the free gel repair thingy autoglass adverts keep showing?
Yes, I used the same service on my windscreen last Monday.

Just give the Customer Service team a ring & they will organise the windscreen company to ring you straight back. It's a great service!
Legends! I'll sort that out ASAP.

Topic author
r0b

Post by r0b »

I'll be giving you guys a ring, Adrian Flux have sent my renewal through at over £100 more than last year.

:blink:

Topic author
Tim-ChrisKnott

Post by Tim-ChrisKnott »

r0b wrote:I'll be giving you guys a ring, Adrian Flux have sent my renewal through at over £100 more than last year.

:blink:
Great stuff!

Wabbitkilla
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Wabbitkilla »

Can you update your limitatios regarding postcodes, parking on street, and modified cars please?
"It's a quiet road - except for the traffic"

Topic author
martinbuts

Post by martinbuts »

i have just done a quick search with a comparison site to see how much my 2lt g limited would cost to insure fully comp and its very steep at £500 + bearing in mine that i am 53, have full no claims and no points as a ball park figure is this about right, as im an old git, and a safe driver i would have expected it to be a lot less bearing in mind my daily car is only £100 fully comp

lew893
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by lew893 »

I've just insured with Chris Knott £479 30year old 3 years no claims with an accident in 2005 not my fault and all mods declared and parked in the street! Churchill who I was with last year wanted £1300 with all mods!
Very happy! :th:

Topic author
speedysmr2

Post by speedysmr2 »

hey im 30 and have 9 years no claims i drive a mr2 g limited. i am currently with swinton and i am paying £600 fully comp but they say im not covered to drive to and from my work whats that all about. i live in crewe cheshire. do you think you could give me a better deal if so i will come to you and cancel my policy with swinton as they are doing my head in lol. cheers steve. oh and my mr2 is an import.

ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by ChrisKnottIns »

speedysmr2 wrote:hey im 30 and have 9 years no claims i drive a mr2 g limited. i am currently with swinton and i am paying £600 fully comp but they say im not covered to drive to and from my work whats that all about. i live in crewe cheshire. do you think you could give me a better deal if so i will come to you and cancel my policy with swinton as they are doing my head in lol. cheers steve. oh and my mr2 is an import.
Yes, please give us a call!
Chris Knott Insurance – official forum insurance partner
Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
and QUOTE REF: 744-MR
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Chris Knott”