Converting to AN fuel lines

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 1
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: One wheel is rubbing any ideas?

Post by jimi »

ayresyboy wrote: 09/01/22 14:49 I'd take it to a professional, tell them the issue and get four wheel alignment with corner weighting.
Andy
Sound advice :th: find a proper place with a good reputation for setup work, not a tyre centre.

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by chaos19810 »

jimi wrote: 09/01/22 15:50
ayresyboy wrote: 09/01/22 14:49 I'd take it to a professional, tell them the issue and get four wheel alignment with corner weighting.
Andy
Sound advice :th: find a proper place with a good reputation for setup work, not a tyre centre.
That’s the plan, I would just like to get an idea of possible issues before I go and it needs to pass a MOT. I’m going to have a look at the caster set up and just measure left to right and check the steering wheel is centred. It will also give me chance to ensure all the suspension is loose so that someone with a clue can adjust it all with out it taking a lifetime.

It looks like I might make japfest this year, it won’t be pretty but it will be moving.

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

Thanks everyone, I hadn’t realised about the caster on the front even my basic measurements showed that the caster on the passengers side was widely different to that of the drivers side.

So after fixing that and a few other things it turns out I now have some kind of fuel leak. This car will be at japfest even if it’s going on the trailer!!

Topic author
chaos19810

Re: Converting to AN fuel lines

Post by chaos19810 »

Has anyone changed the fuel system on a mk1.5 to an AN fittings? I’ve developed a fuel leak so this might be the moment to update the system. The majority of the system is not a problem, however find the jis male to AN-6 fitting for the hardline seems Impossible to find so I was considering using a 5/16th compression to an-6 line on the hardline and cutting of the connector and flare.

Has anyone tried this successfully I know it if goes tits up then I’m pulling the tanks and sorting the fuel lines hence my question.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”