7 years and I finally have a MOT

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: One wheel is rubbing any ideas?

Post by jimi »

ayresyboy wrote: 09/01/22 14:49 I'd take it to a professional, tell them the issue and get four wheel alignment with corner weighting.
Andy
Sound advice :th: find a proper place with a good reputation for setup work, not a tyre centre.

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by chaos19810 »

jimi wrote: 09/01/22 15:50
ayresyboy wrote: 09/01/22 14:49 I'd take it to a professional, tell them the issue and get four wheel alignment with corner weighting.
Andy
Sound advice :th: find a proper place with a good reputation for setup work, not a tyre centre.
That’s the plan, I would just like to get an idea of possible issues before I go and it needs to pass a MOT. I’m going to have a look at the caster set up and just measure left to right and check the steering wheel is centred. It will also give me chance to ensure all the suspension is loose so that someone with a clue can adjust it all with out it taking a lifetime.

It looks like I might make japfest this year, it won’t be pretty but it will be moving.

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

Thanks everyone, I hadn’t realised about the caster on the front even my basic measurements showed that the caster on the passengers side was widely different to that of the drivers side.

So after fixing that and a few other things it turns out I now have some kind of fuel leak. This car will be at japfest even if it’s going on the trailer!!

Topic author
chaos19810

Re: Converting to AN fuel lines

Post by chaos19810 »

Has anyone changed the fuel system on a mk1.5 to an AN fittings? I’ve developed a fuel leak so this might be the moment to update the system. The majority of the system is not a problem, however find the jis male to AN-6 fitting for the hardline seems Impossible to find so I was considering using a 5/16th compression to an-6 line on the hardline and cutting of the connector and flare.

Has anyone tried this successfully I know it if goes tits up then I’m pulling the tanks and sorting the fuel lines hence my question.

Topic author
chaos19810

Re: Off to the dyno part 2

Post by chaos19810 »

So tomorrow marks the second day at the dyno, the goal is to make a safe 303-350hp. I will update this post once I know what happens but please keep your fingers crossed that this time it is not a endless fault finding day

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

:th: good luck, hope it goes well :cool1:

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

So the second Dyno day went much better, no more over heating, vacuum leaks or boost control issues. I was a little disappointed with the final result it only made 256hp which was 50 short of what I wanted at this stage in the build. I ran into two problems I think my 2.5inch charge cooler system is a little restrictive at high rpm and I put the wrong spring into the waste gate so even turned up too 100% I could only get 12-13psi. While annoying neither of those are hard to resolve so I will look at them later on in the year when I get bored of the power level and decide I want more.

The only actual annoying problem I had was I found a split in my oil dipstick tube which caused oil to leak out and I can seem to find a rev3 dipstick anywhere to buy. So it’s either getting welded or some epoxy putty until I can.

Topic author
chaos19810

Re: 7 years and I finally have a MOT

Post by chaos19810 »

So I started this thread and project in 2015 and today the car passed its first MOT in 7 years, if in honest it failed it’s first one as I forgot to connect the horn and the head lights suddenly became possessed and just did there own thing. So after connecting the horn and cleaning the connections on the headlight retracting control box the passed with one minor, which was a noisy exhaust.

While the car is roadworthy it is far from complete and will be stripped and painted over this winter and next spring and I have a few little jobs to do like getting the ecu and racedash 2 to talk to each other.

It might look like a shed but I will see you all as meet or show soon :clapping:

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

:clapping: Congratulations, now get driving it and let us know what you think :th:

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Wilkie Senior »

well done that man quite some dedication
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”