UK REV 2, REV3 tubby conversion?

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: UK REV 2, REV3 tubby conversion?

Post by SonicSW20 »

Where is it at, out of curiosity? Do you know how much they've got done?

Rev5 Sonic Shadow

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

Urgh, I hate garages sometimes. When I had some accident repair done the garage told me the car was in the body shop and due to collect in two days time... when I visited, they literally hadn't touched it. I dragged the manager out of a meeting to get an explanation. Apparently other jobs arrived after mine, so they did them first. Muppets! (The repair job they eventually did was good though)

Topic author
BALDYMONSTER
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Gazza_DJ wrote: 10/07/18 17:23 Where is it at, out of curiosity? Do you know how much they've got done?
I’m not willing to say as yet mate, if I get it this Saturday and it’s a good job without a bill that’s way past what was agreed and spoken about then all good.
Well those are my principles, and if you don't like them... I have others.

A child of 5 could understand this! Quick, send for a child of 5!

Topic author
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

I’ve had pics and the odd video of work that’s been done but that’s kind of stopped now.

It’s just dials, boost controller, turbo timer and a check up now.

It’s supposed to have been mot’d yesterday but the mot guy is away or something so it’s getting done tomorrow.

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

shinny wrote: 10/07/18 17:39 Urgh, I hate garages sometimes. When I had some accident repair done the garage told me the car was in the body shop and due to collect in two days time... when I visited, they literally hadn't touched it. I dragged the manager out of a meeting to get an explanation. Apparently other jobs arrived after mine, so they did them first. Muppets! (The repair job they eventually did was good though)
By contrast, booked mine in for sills 4 weeks in advance, was told 1-2 weeks depending on exactly what needed to be done. They called me on Day 3 to come down and see the car with the sills cut off, holes in the rear arches etc to explain what it would need and adjust the estimate, and just over a week later it was done.

Some places just take on too much I think!
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

BALDYMONSTER wrote: 10/07/18 17:50 I’ve had pics and the odd video of work that’s been done but that’s kind of stopped now.

It’s just dials, boost controller, turbo timer and a check up now.

It’s supposed to have been mot’d yesterday but the mot guy is away or something so it’s getting done tomorrow.
So it sounds like the vast majority of the work has been done, engine is in, working, and it's just a few bits left now?

Sounds like they'll have it done, chances are they've just been doing other work and putting this on the back burner. Annoying when they've estimated 2 weeks, but it happens a lot. Important thing to remember is if there are any problems, you're taking it back to these guys first so the best approach is to remain polite and keep them on side.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

As long as it’s a good job and I don’t get hit with a bill over what was agreed it’s all good.

I’m going down on Saturday to collect it regardless as I can’t be without my car any longer.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”