japfest 2013

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: japfest 2013

Post by TonyleFrog »

Gaz! wrote:Are we going to do the usual pre meet at morrisans before rolling in?

Quite a few people require meeting others for tickets.
If we do, I suggest leaving earlier than last year. Hopefully whoever Castle Combe subcontract the stewarding to won't make the same almighty custard cream-up this time. Informing clubs where their stand is and having entry marshals hold the same info would help avoid them directing people into the wrong lane and causing utter chaos at the pinch point inside the gate.

I'm wondering whether it might be better to go the back way through Kingston St Michael instead of the main drag.

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

It didn't make a difference last year, everyone was queuing from all angles. There were cars queued up from the Kingston turning backing up the road, with no one wanting to let them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Well look what the postman came bearing today

They will be posted out today - I fear that I will spend my one rest day out of 14 days writing envelopes all day! lol.

These were also included and will be sent in x4 random envelopes. Could you be the lucky one....

Club stand entrance closes at 9:30 so I would say that people need to get there earlier rather than later. Apparently the new style of tickets should make things go a lot quicker as the marshalls don't need to stop cars or direct them - just view the ticket hanging from your mirror and wave you through :th:

simon1
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by simon1 »

woo, cant wait :D
I will be getting there very early (6am) just to make sure I don't spend half the show waiting outside again. (although tickets seem to have improved I am still not sure this will eliminate it just due to the sheer number of cars turning up and only have a couple of entrance points.)
My MR2 MK2 REV2 Tubby
210.7 HP, 208 LB/ft Torque, 1/4mile in 14.7023s and castle coombe lap of 1:41 :D

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by shinny »

Awesome... now all I need to work out is when (and where) my track time ticket will arrive!

Craig-rev3
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

So where is the stand this year?
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Craig-rev3 wrote:So where is the stand this year?
They haven't released that info yet
I was told by the Japfest organizers that it will be posted on their website at some stage this week. I'm going to be annoyed if it is the same plot as last year! lol

Craig-rev3
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

KarlBristol wrote:
I was told by the Japfest organizers that it will be posted on their website at some stage this week. I'm going to be annoyed if it is the same plot as last year! lol
Thats different to previous years. Normally the position of the stand is put onto the stand passes/tickets.
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Tickets/passes have had a complete overhaul this year and are different

As per the photo this year it is literally just a large sign you put your reg on and then hang over your rear view mirror... all of them just say GATE 2 on them. There is no indication from the entry tickets where we might be placed.... I did query it with the organizers.... :confused1:

Just watch their website I guess - I did specify certain locations that I did not want us to be in under any circumstances, and I also emailed them and spoke to them regarding where we don't want to be. If they still place us in the same spot as the last couple of years I just give up lol

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

KarlBristol wrote:
I really don't get why the organisers need to be so coy about it all. See below.
KarlBristol wrote:all of them just say GATE 2 on them. There is no indication from the entry tickets where we might be placed.... I did query it with the organizers.... :confused1:
You need to go to Specsavers mate. The tickets clearly say Gate A. :rolleyes:
I'm fairly sure the 2 refers to the area once inside. Castle Combe regulars will know that in recent years we have entered by Gate C whereas Gate A is at the village end. My bet is that area 2 will be to the left as you go in.

Do I get a free box of Haribo if I'm right? :D

shinny

Post by shinny »

IF the site pan is the same as last year, gate A puts us somewhere ENTIRELY different to any previous year I've attended: http://www.japfest.co.uk/2012/04/27/2012-club-layout/ :th:

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Its been a long day but yes I clearly do need my eyes checking. In my defense there is a big 2 written on there, I just got so memorized by it that I also missed the large A written there as well lol

Fingers crossed we are in a different area - we should be with the amount I've nagged them and called them regarding it!! Village area would be great if last year is anything to go by... I wonder which poor club would be demoted to the mudfield of our old plot lol

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

shinny wrote:IF the site pan is the same as last year, gate A puts us somewhere ENTIRELY different to any previous year I've attended:
:th: In 2008 (my first time) we were in Area D (Gate B) along the path up to Avon Rise (the opposite side to 2007).

Memory lane - http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/80/92793.html
I didn't realise until looking through those that two of my cars are pictured. My original red Rev 3 tubby and the white one I bought the following year to do the Highland Drive.

Ever since we have been shunted further and further into the boondocks. Be nice to have a better pitch, although it will be a longer walk to Quarry which is where most people get it all wrong!

The circuit hasn't changed so the site plan and Gate indentifiers are the same. They seem to be using numbers this year instead of letters to identify the location within the circuit. My 2012 ticket reads Gate C Area QR.

shinny

Post by shinny »

2008 was my first year too... here's the proof:

I remember people complaining it wasn't a very social pitch, being so darn long and thin. Something tells me we'd be happy with it this year!

I'm rather hoping we don't end up in what is labelled area A, but rather area B. But who knows...

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”