Japfest 2014 Stand Location Released - Convoy Thread

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Japfest 2014 Stand Location Released - Convoy Thread

Post by notroubleclubber »

Not sure a joint convoy can be arranged with imoc now as looks like imoc are in a different area.
Maybe a meet into morrisons carpark might be a good un though - though I would imagine the hundreds of other car clubs would also meet at this suitable place.

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

Well that's a bit of a fail.... We specifically requested to be with imoc to make a large display :no:

We could still convoy over though :th:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

MR2Jay wrote:That's what I meant Tony :th:

Good to see those pics... Believe it or not, that was my first ever show with the OC I think :th:

**edit** You got me thinking there - 2008 was my first ever OC show at Japfest .... Wow :blink:
My first Japfest was 2007, when this happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88QT5JD46NE
http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/foru ... hp?t=10938
Moral - don't give it large when your tyres aren't fully warmed up!
MR2Jay wrote:Well that's a bit of a fail.... We specifically requested to be with imoc to make a large display :no:
IMOC are indeed in a different area - where we were in 2012. Out in the boondocks of the bottom field behind Quarry (Area 2 Gate C).
MR2Jay wrote:We could still convoy over though :th:
It's hard enough getting our lot together exactly on time... :rolleyes:
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

We can still all convoy. Just split off at different gates surely.

Sent from my boot to your "censored".

FIREBIRDC9
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by FIREBIRDC9 »

Looks very good!

I live very close to the Chiveley services so just let me know the time and i'll be there :)
Member of the JAE '13 Heavyweight TOW Winning team

1997 MR2 GT T Bar - Good wood Green NA - All Original

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Gaz! wrote:We can still all convoy. Just split off at different gates surely.
Sure. We will have to pass Gate C to reach B though so will need more time than IMOC. It's just a matter of agreeing arrival/departure from Chieveley and Morrisons.

Possible route? It avoids the right turn from the A420 to the B4039 which often causes problems and joins it by a left turn in Yatton Keynell instead. May not be practical though for keeping everyone together from that point onwards if we have nearly 50 cars in the convoy.

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by notroubleclubber »

From previous experience the police like to shut the smaller roads so they can keep an eye on the bigger ones.

Big warning to everyone - the police are out on every corner usually and m4 so I recommend keeping to the law as its a great opportunity to pull some revenue for them! :ranting1:

TonyleFrog

Reesence: Japarfest 2014 Stand Location Released - Convoy Th

Post by TonyleFrog »

I can confirm that the lane via West Yatton opposite the Crown inn on the A420 will almost certainly be closed (as we found out last year) as it is very narrow - 1 car width - and would also cause a conflict at Gate A. I would be very surprised if Biddlestone Lane were to be (that was the one we used after finding our way blocked) as it would seriously inconvenience residents of Yatton Keynell.

I have never known any of the minor roads east of the B4039 coming from the direction of Kingston St Michael to be shut.

Always sensible to be wary on the M4. However in 7 years of attending Japfest I can state that I have yet to see a policeman on 'every corner'. Only some in and around Castle Combe itself. There were quite a few buzzing around the B4039 in 2012 but that was due to them having to close it as a result of the massive traffic jam caused by incompetent marshalling (mostly on Gate C).

They also had a blitz one year pulling people with illegal number plates when everyone was leaving the circuit. Although mine were 100% legit, I didn't fancy getting caught up in the fracas, so I diverted to the back roads within 100 yards of getting out of the gate.

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Of all the years I've attended japfest with a clean/aesthetically pleasing car, it would be the year when my car is now the 'used & abused' type when we get a decent pitch to show them off!

Atleast the pitch is good & right in the action so no 3 mile walk to all the good parts of the show :th:

Maybe I will draw something in the dirt instead of washing it :laughing
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Craig-rev3 wrote:Of all the years I've attended japfest with a clean/aesthetically pleasing car, it would be the year when my car is now the 'used & abused' type when we get a decent pitch to show them off!
That's two of us then. A Highland Drive sees to that! :rolleyes:
Craig-rev3 wrote:Maybe I will draw something in the dirt instead of washing it :laughing
I like your thinking. :)
TLF departs to search for a really muddy country lane...

Topic author
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Hello again everyone. Yep an epic fail from the Japfest organisers regards siting MR2OC and IMOC together! However, it will still be a brilliant day and we can have a wander over and check all the cars out at our leisure and say hi. :D

There is interest on IMOC to convoy in with yourselves, Jay I shall send you a PM shortly to discuss, and then I will post over on IMOC and get a list of names together to let you know how many of us will be joining you. Perfect if you are passing our access route anyway? Hopefully get a few pictures on the way in of a big line of MR2s! Cheers. Dan.

sk8gom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by sk8gom »

:D nice one Jay :th: awesome spot.

I'll meet you guys in there as I won't be joining you guys at morrisons this year. I swore after 2012 to just go straight there as early as possible. Shame as the convoys and pre meet was always one of the best bits of the day.

Best get the polisher out and make her red again!!

chris
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Japfest Convoys

Post by chris »

Right, now we know where we are being put, can we sort out some plans for the convoys... I shall probably try to meet others at the Chievley services en-route to Chippenham, but it all depends on the times...

as we need to get to gate B, it's all about the direction we travel... the options are to either a) go the standard route that we've pretty much always taken (almost guaranteed to get queue's unless the ticket things work this year)... or b) we head in on the 'back' route we took last year...

if we go a) I would say that we'd need to be leaving early, if we go b) I'd say that we could leave that little bit later...

...I'm easy either way, I just like to plan in advance so I know what time to set my alarm to

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: Japfest Convoys

Post by MR2Jay »

Just to add, although the organisers have goofed up our pitch alongside IMOC, the guys still would like to convoy in with us....

As they are gate c, to be fair to them, an earlier start might be on the cards :th:

Sent from my HTC One_mate using Tapatalk
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”