JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Post by d-peg »

Chris,

I've pooled all the ideas into your OP. I have, however, kept some of our more secretive ones back! ;)

92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Topic author
chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

Well done mate, was going to do something of sorts but been a bit lazy over the past day or 2... :facepalm:

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

We've got all the ideas (+ others) in the planning forum, i just didn't want folk to think it wasn't being taken seriously :th:

Lazy...? more like getting stuck in puddles! :laughing

Topic author
chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Post by chris »

d-peg wrote:Lazy...? more like getting stuck in puddles! :laughing
:D

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

Thought I'd add my 2pence to this thread though a lot of great ideas already.

First we had a huge marquee and I think I used it for all of 5minutes and that was only to charge mine/Sasha's phone.

Food ideas; whilst I do like the idea of the hog roast, I do think "been there, done that"
We had a great laugh on Friday between Jay's chicken, crazy american stuff, the mad dog chilli and my chicken. I venture to say that everyone on the stand could have been fed for around £10 as there was quite a bit of my wings left behind.

We could actually do something like a chilli cook off contest, just of course for a laugh.

For the getting people involved I had an idea.
Why not use the games consoles with Forza or GT and stick up a time trial.
£1 a go; MR2 around Tsukuba. Winner gets T-Shirt and a specially engraved disc holder.
It won't beat the pole dancing lessons but it would definitely be a good laugh.

For late nights I suggest something like Halo where you can stick 4players on via projector. Winner stays on and has to drink another pint :laughing

I also have if it's any use a JTag Xbox with too many games on there. Would probably be good to play Super Mario and Goldeneye for a bit of Nostalgia :laughing

One thing to bring up is that if we have valuable stuff in the marquee, someone will always have to stay behind. Is this a good thing given that our IKO teams were normally backed by everyone?
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Protok

Post by Protok »

chris wrote:
d-peg wrote:Lazy...? more like getting stuck in puddles! :laughing
:D
It was a pretty puddle ;)
Red "Iron Guts" Protok

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Wilkie Senior »

First thanks to all with organising and well done to the IKO etc teams

I think the ideas list is looking great on the OP Dan, i think they are all good valid and any one or combinations of would add to the atraction of the club at the show,

something i have thought about a few times & something ive participated in with previous clubs in particular kit car clubs is:-

well what we did was put 4 sheets 8x4 5 ply (something like that) in a central position in front of the club marquee, get a car up on axle stands then;

We had a MC with mike hooked to a PA commenting, one liners etc (see VC for those only £8.00 each) :laughing

we had practicle demostrations, say replacing a rad, strut wheel refrub, clean, detailing....once we had this guy refurbing leather seats that got a massive amount of interest so much so he had to take seats out of a members car to do an extra demostration.

This was great not only for the passing public, other clubs attending but for our own members too, we have a depth of knowledge within the club, i.e. wili & i walked round with trevmr2 on Saturday, i was like a school day some of the things he said, (thanks trev really appreciated the help & suggestions)

So goes to show how much knowledge there is in the club

I was making a A3 version for this year but ran out of time but making a project folder and leaving it by the car, ( iwas going to bring a music stand to put it on by the car) again passing peeps can have a browse, and leads to visitors having a chat, recalling their own projects etc.

On Sat, Wilki & i had a couple of lads come over from a small club across from the OC and a FTO owner, we felt great being able to pass over some help to newbies to MR2s, display a freindly face etc, we gave them some MR2OC cards so hopefully they will visit the site etc.

As well as the IKOs etc i think its as important to be around the cars to engage with passers by again which would go a long way for a active stand

anyway just a thought or two :)
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

Thanks Brian,

Unfortunately - JAE will not allow jacking of cars anywhere other than the hard standing at the top. Good idea though! :th:

Wilkie Senior

Post by Wilkie Senior »

hi Dan

would they allow a car to be driven onto ramps? wouldnt need to be too high, like for a rad change just need to get the head under, (but depends whos head!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) joke joke
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

Jez~
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by Jez~ »

I have to add here that I agree with Red on one thing. The security in the Marquee is an issue. It's all very well bringing screens, xbox's and games, but anyone could just grab them at any time. As Red said, many of the members are involved in the IKO, then someone would need to stay at the base camp (again, this would be far easier if the camp was closer to all the events.

I have plenty of lighting, both flood and disco lights I could bring with light controller etc, but would not be happy to leave it without someone looking after it. I think this is definitely a challenge. I agree with some of the others that the marquee needs to be made more homely. I don't mean sofas etc, I mean some sort of floor covering and get everyone to put their chairs in at the start of the weekend and leave them in there. Some warm lighting inside would also be good.

Dan - Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work this year. I agree that it was one of the best JAEs. Less numbers meant everyone stayed together as one, rather than having less break off groups. I think nearly everyone knew everyone by the end of the weeekend.

:th:
Lower than a Rattlesnakes belly!

Foxystuff

Post by Foxystuff »

I haven't really got anything new for the list of ideas, but have a few thoughts on items already raised:
* I am not sure about anything that will mean anyone has a commitment to staying at the stand - the togetherness of all being at the IKO maintained the full club feel we had (even if that means we are less likely to win best stand). However, I think the idea of detailing/demonstrating 'KY2' style activities is a fantastic one and will place emphasis on the skills and knowledge of our members as well as the social side. This, of course, would be possible in combination with supporting/taking part in IKO if we had one of those stands close to the pitches!
* Great ideas for the marquee - especially warm lighting (or more group hugs!).
* Car arrangement - I thought the mixed colours were good, although wonder if rows rather than another alternative (?!) was the best way of showing off our beasts.
* Group food! Yay! Chilli or curry pre-arranged contributions sounds brilliant. I may be in a minority here, but (however much I enjoyed my pizza) I think barbecue one night and other option the alternative night keeps us altogether familytastic-stylee! The other thing I wondered about was pre-organised group cocktail makings for the Friday night - it was fun mixing up and sharing drinks IMHO.
* Ladies' ToW team (already mentioned elsewhere).

Think that's my two pennies' worth... Though I may be back!

In spite of my ramblings, I had an amazing weekend - thanks team! :D

Tallboy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17

Post by Tallboy »

Thinking maybe some more info on events and meets the club does(Highland drive, borders run, santa pod trips, oc hospital) rather than just some pics of past shows on the marque sides.
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

Howlin_Mad
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Tallboy wrote:Thinking maybe some more info on events and meets the club does(Highland drive, borders run, santa pod trips, oc hospital) rather than just some pics of past shows on the marque sides.
That's a good idea Dave, like it :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Protok

Post by Protok »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
Tallboy wrote:Thinking maybe some more info on events and meets the club does(Highland drive, borders run, santa pod trips, oc hospital) rather than just some pics of past shows on the marque sides.
That's a good idea Dave, like it :th:
I like that idea also, shows what the OC has done over the year :th:

And Rachel next year we will sort it so that each person brings a different type of alcohol, should last us the 3days(ish).
Red "Iron Guts" Protok

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2012”