Highland Drive 2014 chat

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
toymr2

Highland Drive 2014 chat

Post by toymr2 »

All chat here please :th: :)

Topic author
toymr2

Re: Highland Drive 2014 chat

Post by toymr2 »

Next year will be number nine :-)

CleMR2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by CleMR2 »

Can't believe I missed the first three, what were they like Pete?

Topic author
toymr2

Post by toymr2 »

CleMR2 wrote:Can't believe I missed the first three, what were they like Pete?
The first year was run over two days we stayed in the Augleash Inn - it was truly awful :sad: very little driving but good fun never less.

Second year again over 2 days we stayed at the Cluny inn, which was great. From memory a good turnout of cars more driving then the first drive.

Third year the number of cars was lower. only about 6 :sad: but still a fun weekend, the hotel we stayed in had a honesty bar for residents which was different!

Only from the forth drive did we expand the weekend to 3 nights away, hopefully everyone has enjoyed them and all the other drives, I for one certainly have :) When I have a bit more spare time I will look out some photos of the early drives.

Topic author
toymr2

Post by toymr2 »

Routes now finalised :clapping:

Jono_GT

Post by Jono_GT »

Due to financial restraints, and assuming the '2 is still running strong... I'm holding out for 2015. Pete V6R5 assures me it's a drivers experience not to be missed :th:

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

Jono_GT wrote:Due to financial restraints, and assuming the '2 is still running strong... I'm holding out for 2015. Pete V6R5 assures me it's a drivers experience not to be missed :th:
Jono, saw this event in 2008 1 year into my 2 ownership. Thought yea maybe sometime.
Then again in 2009 and looked at the pic thread and thought yea maybe sometime.
2010 came and went - 2011 came and went same thing but started talking to some of the guys and gals who have attended mainly the oldest codger in town TLF ------2012 came and I posted must get round to do this sometime. TLF sent me a roundtuit award and pushed me into getting my ass in gear and book up. Well I have missed too many years of great driving and great people, everyone who likes driving and has a 2 must do this at least once in their ownership, does not matter if its a Mk1 / Mk2 / Mk3 N/A Tubby/ V6 just a brill week end and you are made very welcome from the 1st day.
down for 2014 and will defiantly do 2015 10th anniversary run.
So Pete Bob Ann yep you will have to put up with me for at least 2 more years :cheeky:
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Morning all. Thought I should mention a couple of things.

Anyone who hasn't booked their Travelodge rooms yet needs to get a wriggle on. :)
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/335/158670.html

As you are probably aware, the Drive this year coincides with the Easter Bank Holiday weekend which is a first (certainly in my experience beginning in 2009).

I have been chatting to a mate of mine who lives on the shore of Loch Shieldaig off the coast road to Applecross. He tells me that we need to be extra vigilant because much of the additional traffic, which we are very likely to be burdened with, will be numpty tourists. Most of them will be ill prepared for being overtaken plus are completely ignorant of the etiquette which applies to driving on single track Highland roads. Plus keep an eye out for plod on our route to Skye on Saturday.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Steve-M-UK
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Steve-M-UK »

I'm hoping to be tagging along for some of the drive, cause it would be lovely to see you all again :) thinking of meeting you guys on skye on the Saturday hopefully and joining the back of the pack from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

Steve-M-UK wrote:I'm hoping to be tagging along for some of the drive, cause it would be lovely to see you all again :) thinking of meeting you guys on skye on the Saturday hopefully and joining the back of the pack from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Great Steve, the more the merrier and it will be good to catch up. Looking forward to seeing the Audi ;)

Save the bunnies!

Glen N

Post by Glen N »

How is everyone's organising coming along? As per the last 2 years I've got a fair bit of work to do on the car before the trip,mostly my own doing due to upgrades. I've learned from last year to have my geometry set up again before the trip so the car handles as well as possible. Plus I now have spacers on the front to stop the rubbing.

Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

Ok guys, I have been speak to Tony at the Morefield and he is asking about the theme night. Are we all still going ahead with the superheroes theme. You all know how Tony and Bev like to get in the spirit of thing and I know one or two of you have your outfits already sooooo........are we all game for this?

Ripley......yup!

Save the bunnies!

Wabbitkilla
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Wabbitkilla »

Didn't know we were going super hero, but yeah I'm up fir thar
"It's a quiet road - except for the traffic"

Topic author
toymr2

Highland Drive 2014 chat

Post by toymr2 »

Count me in :-)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Highland Drive 2014”