Highland Drive 2014 chat

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
toymr2

Re: Highland Drive 2014 chat

Post by toymr2 »

Not long now - only 6 more sleeps :-)

Portgordon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Portgordon »

Enjoy everyone, don't forget to capture the trip in ye' old digital snipery fashion (at safe opportunities of course) .

Ripley
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Ripley »

Portgordon wrote:Enjoy everyone, don't forget to capture the trip in ye' old digital snipery fashion (at safe opportunities of course) .
No chance of you popping along to pay us a visit Mark, we haven't seen you for ages? :sad:

You can be assured of some snipers as the sniper is in attendance :laughing

Save the bunnies!

Portgordon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by Portgordon »

Afraid not :no: The cars actually going backwards in terms if being roadworthy, I'm just taking my time with it, and as I remove one piece, decide that I might as well remove another while I have it apart..... pretty sure I'm subconsciously breaking it :facepalm:

Have the headlight out now (had to make room to work on some sheared bolts) and also snapped a locking wheel nut this morning :facepalm:

SlipSlide
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by SlipSlide »

Well no fancy dress still, but the car is ready, Thursday and Monday Hotels booked and the ferry sorted.

Toyota work "Just In Time", no reason why I shouldn't as well :D

Picture looks much better than the car does face to face but thats what several years of Highland drive will do to the front of a car. Only hope my new windscreen remains chip / crack free.

Might have to drive at the back with Mr. LeFrog in the windscreen preservation section ;)

Looking forward to meeting you all on Thursday night only 5 more sleeps.
1995 JDM Anniversary Mrk II, 2000 2ZZ track hack, 1991 ST185RC. etc.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Hiromu Naruse 1943-2010 RIP

sdmpmr2

Post by sdmpmr2 »

Hi Guys,

I am a recent new member of the MR2 community.

Actually just purchased my car a couple of weeks ago and have registered with the club only a few mins ago!!! :)

I am going to be in Scotland over the Easter weekend, and wanted to check if I could join you all on 21st, for your drive from Ullapool to Dumbertaon. :please: :please:

Please let me know if this would suit you as the group drive will help me justify my passion for the Mr2 to my wife who will be joining me as well.

Eagerly awaiting to get the OK from you all and equally eager to meeting you all.

Thanks,
Sav :th:

Ripley

Post by Ripley »

sdmpmr2 wrote:Hi Guys,

Actually just purchased my car a couple of weeks ago and have registered with the club only a few mins ago!!! :)

I am going to be in Scotland over the Easter weekend, and wanted to check if I could join you all on 21st, for your drive from Ullapool to Dumbertaon. :please: :please:

Please let me know if this would suit you as the group drive will help me justify my passion for the Mr2 to my wife who will be joining me as well.

Eagerly awaiting to get the OK from you all and equally eager to meeting you all.

Thanks,
Hi Sav and welcome to the club. You are most certainly welcome to join us at any point on the Highland Drive. We will be based at the Morefield Motel ullapool for the whole 3 nights. If you come along on Saturday night, it's fancy dress :laughing

If you can only manage the last day, pop along for around 8.30am and you might just get in the photoshoot :th:

Look forward to meeting you :D

Save the bunnies!

ricky2
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15

Post by ricky2 »

Is anyone else tempted to bring a fishing rod?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Ripley

Post by Ripley »

ricky2 wrote:Is anyone else tempted to bring a fishing rod?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
I'm not tempting fate but the forecast for next weekend looks dry according to the bbc :th:

Still no fancy dress outfit sorted and soooo little time :no:

Save the bunnies!

Ripley

Post by Ripley »

sdmpmr2 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Sav, if you are meeting up with us can you pm me a contact telephone number , cheers :th:

Save the bunnies!

sdmpmr2

Post by sdmpmr2 »

Dear Ripley and the rest of the group,

Many thanks for accommodating us over the last day for the drive. My apologies for this delayed response as have been neck deep in work, trying to clear the load before I hit the road towards Scotland on Friday.

I am definitely joining you all on the 21st at Ullapool. (Actually the Highland drive has been the inspiration for me to plan a week lang road trip from London to Scotland).

Any suggestions for where could I find a budget accommodation in Ullapool for the 20th evening? Most B&B's are charging upwards of £75. Although breakfast is included, it does not help me as me and my wife are vegetarians (and i am certain that veggie options would be quite limited), hence trying to account for the money needed to be spent for breakfast, by hunting a cheaper stay.

Also this is my first long road-trip (covering approx 2400miles over 6 days) and we are on our own (just me and wifey and beloved mr2, no friends no extra vehicle). To top the excitement my wife does not drive hence will be experiencing every yard of the 2400miles behind the wheel.

Any pointers or tips from your vast experiences which would help us improve our trip, or avoid any unpleasant probabilities will be truly appreciated.

Ripley: I will send you my number via pm as soon as I post this reply.

Excited to meet you all...

Thanks,
Sav

sdmpmr2

Post by sdmpmr2 »

Ann (Ripley) have sent you our contact details.

Regards,
Sav

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Sav

Just make sure you have checked things like oil, water, lights, etc.. Make sure your tyre pressures are correct and your spare is roadworthy... Some kind of breakdown cover is always handy
Fully charged phones and a road map and/or sat nav too :th:

As you are the only driver I'd pre plan stops along the way

Have a great road trip :cool1:
Cars suck donkey balls

Ripley

Post by Ripley »

Thanks for the numbers Sav. I'm heading to work now but will drop you a pm later re possible accommodation etc :th:

Look forward to meeting you on the 20/21st :th:

Save the bunnies!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Highland Drive 2014”