What is JAE...?

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

What is JAE...?

Post by d-peg »

http://www.japcarclub.com/whatisjae/

JAE is the MR2OC's biggest social event on the calendar and also the largest all Jap car show in Europe. It happens annually around September time and has been held at Wicksteed Park near Kettering for the past 3 years (this will be the 4th at Wicksteed I think) which has a small theme park, good toilet and shower facilities, good local amenities, close hotels & B&B's (for those that don't fancy camping). Most importantly, I stress this is a social event - to get together us nutty MR2-lovers.

Gates open Thursday and once you have your wristband they're open 24hrs a day to come & go as you please. If you don't want to camp down, there are local B&B's (in walking distance) or hotels should you wish. The club provides facilities and activities should the weather be inclement though, it has never stopped us just cracking on before.! :clapping:

Aside the car show itself, this is a family event and there's plenty to keep you occupied during the days. Many stands and traders to wander around, along with the It's a KnockOut (IKO) events from 5-aside football, Tug of War, Relay Races, Food Eating Contest and new this year DRAGONBOAT RACING!!! :facepalm: Nobody is excluded, just because it may be your first JAE does not mean you cannot do the events - you will be actively encouraged to take part..! We've done extremely well as a club at JAE in previous years with last year probably being our best yet.

I'll add to this as the days go by but please field any questions you have here :)

Dan

92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: What is JAE...?

Post by jeff »

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-blogs/entr ... ughts.html

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-blogs/entr ... -gaps.html

two great blogs for anyone who hasn't been but wants to get a flavour of what its all about
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

PandaPete
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by PandaPete »

Never been to any sort of car show/event. Would JAE been a good place to pop my cherry :confused1:

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Absa-bloody-lutely Pete!!
Amazing, all involving social occasion coupled with something like 2500 standard & modified jap cars!

Fab! :D
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

rob

Post by rob »

My favourite bit of JAE is the evening half-light (if it doesn't rain!) where the cars are looking their best out of the harshness of the mid-day sun .........

and you are looking forward to a BBQ and Beers with good mates.......even though they are captivated by a Tesco carrier bag.......

and you are so ill-prepared for the day that you resort to cooking your BBQ using a tent peg as a cooking implement and can actually see what you are doing because of strategically placed MR2 with HID lights.........

and finally after a number of beers, you round off the entertainment by picking up your sleeping mate, in his tent and run over to the otherside of the MR2 club area where you unceremoniously dump him in a pile on the floor......

Good times!

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

PandaPete wrote:Never been to any sort of car show/event. Would JAE been a good place to pop my cherry :confused1:
Absolutely! Just makes sure you introduce yourself!

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

PandaPete

Post by PandaPete »

Im a bit shy when meeting people but I've got to say all this is making me want to attend

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

PandaPete wrote:Im a bit shy when meeting people but I've got to say all this is making me want to attend
I was the same dude but you soon get to know everyone and fit in :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

rob

Post by rob »

vinp182 wrote:
PandaPete wrote:Im a bit shy when meeting people but I've got to say all this is making me want to attend
I was the same dude but you soon get to know everyone and fit in :th:
....and you will get more from the club because you will want to meet up with people at more shows.....

PandaPete

Post by PandaPete »

I think I might have to put down my name, cheers for the encouragement fellas

Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

This will be my first too pete (other than a show at Santa pod nearly 10 years ago) and I for one cannot wait... It's mainly about meeting everyone from here for me, all the other action is a bonus.

Any idea of ticket prices?

PandaPete

Post by PandaPete »

Name is on the list, I'm really looking forward to it. Going to get my holiday forms it at work tomorrow :th:

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

One thing I will say, and don't take this as a negative from the club or a new attendee. A lot of members only see each other once in a while at the big shows, so you tend to find people catching up with people they haven't seen in a long while, maybe a few years or so, and other members turn up with their local meet friends who tend to stick together as they know each other. I'd encourage anyone just to come up and introduce themselves as we as a club don't know anyone by face apart from those that we know at a busy show! We are all a friendly bunch and encourage new members to join in the banter and social side of the club that is as important to the OC as the cars :clapping: and their owners :th:

Best thing I ever did was attend my first JAE! Still keep in contact with many friends made through this site :)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

I not what you would call shy, I'll get my face in the mix...

I understand it will be obvious that new people are new cause most people here know each other to some degree, don't bother me much though :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2013”