What is JAE...?

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: What is JAE...?

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Pav677 wrote:I not what you would call shy, I'll get my face in the mix...

I understand it will be obvious that new people are new cause most people here know each other to some degree, don't bother me much though :th:
No problems with that, it's easy to get to know people at a small local meet and get your face known and friends made, but I won't know you from any other of the 3,000 people at a large show! We try to issue Tags for JAE with your usernames on so we can identify OC owners and say hi, but from experience, it's best to jump in with two feet and say hi, or go to a local meet and have your rep introduce you. We are not a 'clique' as described in the past, so just pull up a pew, get involved and enjoy yourself with other car nuts and make what of the weekend you want it to be - there is no pressure to do anything you don't want to! Everyone has a good time, that is a given beit looking at cars, competing in an event or ruining themselves by eating hot food! :yahoo:

HM

MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

Sounds straight forward enough, I don't mind saying hi and introducing myself. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'd like to get to local meets but I've yet to see one close to me, not that they dont exists I may just not of seen them.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Pav677 wrote:Sounds straight forward enough, I don't mind saying hi and introducing myself. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'd like to get to local meets but I've yet to see one close to me, not that they dont exists I may just not of seen them.
It's the show to go to Gaz ;)

I booked time off months ago for it like I do most years :th: Can't wait for it!

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Hot-Lemon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11

Post by Hot-Lemon »

I went to my first show with the club this last weekend and i've been a full member for six years.

I can be a little shy myself but decided i would be a bit more social this year:

I learned two important things attending Jap Show:
- The show going members are a very friendly bunch-though i didn't get to chat with every one... my bad.
- You don't have to have a show and shine winner to earn a place on the stand... owning a Two earns you that place whether its a work in progress rusty nail, unmodified daily driver or garage princess.

So don't repeat my mistake and take 6 years to get round to it (I never thought my rev 1 N/A was good enough for the stand- WRONG!!).
:D :th:
H-L
Heather
mk2 'Mr Blue the tubby 2' Apoplexi, Black Sillies, exhaust by Idiot, HKS SQ'EAK, Blitz 1942
previous; mk1b white'Mr 2'. mk2 rev1 Yellow N/Exasperated 'Hot-Lemon'
TonyleFrog wrote:Hot-Lemon - the wench with a wrench. ;)

FIREBIRDC9
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by FIREBIRDC9 »

Count Me in!

I don't think a word has been created in any language to summarize just how down for this I am :D

It'll be my first show too!
Member of the JAE '13 Heavyweight TOW Winning team

1997 MR2 GT T Bar - Good wood Green NA - All Original

Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

I'm guessing it would be ok for me to attend JAE just the Saturday and Sunday? I'm thinking four days maybe a bit too much especially with it being my first...

I would be honoured to have my car on a stand. Rusty nail or show car can be applied to any car, it just depends on who's eyes are looking. It's all down to taste anyway, I like my own but it don't mean that anyone will, build to your own taste.

The friendly nature of members shows through on this forum so I have no doubt that everyone is made to feel welcome.

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Saturday & Sunday is fine Pav. My partner will be making hr way up Friday night as they tend not to let teachers have time off during term.... Let alone week two!!

Typically ticket prices for the past 3 years have been £30. JAE make no differentiation between a day visitor or the whole event. £10 per day is cheap in anyone's eyes if you ask me let alone the size of the event! £30 covers the ticket, p&p and a small contribution toward the club costs for this event.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Pav677

Post by Pav677 »

Winner, I'll be on route early saturday morning...

That's a good price, I was expecting it be more than that.

Jonn1boy

Post by Jonn1boy »

Bring on the Footie!!! iv already got the time off work the min i got back from jap show! lol i think ill do the 4 days coz well its an awesome fun and always a great time to chill with everyone i cant really remember everyone by there usernames but im sure ill get there in the end. i was more than welcomed when i came to jap show so if ur nervous about it dont be! everyones so nice and are always there to help with ur 2 and give u ideas!

p.s thanks for the jump start btw! lol :rofl:

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

It is also a Great place to get ideas and advice on current or future mods/builds or if you have a current problem there is always someone lurking around in the shadows with a toolbox and an inappropriatly intimate knowledge of a 2 :hide:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2013”