JAE IKO HKS Prizes

4 - 7 September - Wicksteed Park - Kettering

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Smitty1977

JAE IKO HKS Prizes

Post by Smitty1977 »

Well it looks like there are some really decent prizes this year for the IKO winners but unfortunately talking to Fuggles they haven't sorted anything out for the TOW winners yet and they don't know if they will bother this year :crybaby:

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: JAE IKO HKS Prizes

Post by d-peg »

Let's be honest Justin….. why would they?

They're confident we'll take it again so why bother putting a prize on it. But then we don't do it for the prizes do we :) … However, hardly inspires others to put in a challenge if there's no prize - other than knocking us off a 4 year run ;)
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

TBH the last 3 years has seen clubs getting even more competitive. Long gone are the days of a TOW pull being the only team competition at Peterborough! I think the nature of this club/family just jumped on it quicker than most when it came to competing and pulling together and going about it gung-ho. Why not have a prize for the TOW in that sense? Becuase we have a Gaz and his regulars?

Shame :no:

I think with constant Bookface updates about JAE and the IKO ( which is a good thing! ) I think a lot of clubs will be looking to topple us.

Bring the competition on I say, but don't deny us of a trophy and prizes for just entering because of our club!

2nd place is for losers!

:laughing

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

Ya true, I'm already got a good chance at winning 2 OB-Links, which to be honest don't actually work on a 2, so they will be up for sale ASAP, so I would of liked to have something to take home for the car :sad:

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Smitty1977 wrote:Ya true, I'm already got a good chance at winning 2 OB-Links, which to be honest don't actually work on a 2, so they will be up for sale ASAP, so I would of liked to have something to take home for the car :sad:
You can give one to me to work with my new car :D

HM

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

Hey HM, Gaz may have his regulars on the mens team but please don't leave our ladies team out :no:

Just because we are a new team due to JAE`s new rules it would still be nice to get a prize even if it is just a medal like last yr :th:

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

Smitty1977 wrote:Ya true, I'm already got a good chance at winning 2 OB-Links, which to be honest don't actually work on a 2, so they will be up for sale ASAP, so I would of liked to have something to take home for the car :sad:
It's still a £100-150 worth of kit so not too bad really.

I'll give the food eating contest a good go as long as no "censored" like last year happens :facepalm:
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Mrs_smitty wrote:Hey HM, Gaz may have his regulars on the mens team but please don't leave our ladies team out :no:
I didn't mention anything about being just the mens team.

Hence the term "regulars" ;)

:th:

HM

Tallboy
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Tallboy »

Please dont get to over confident about winning any prizes anything can happen after all.

With the TOW we have a massive advantage with our heavy weight team with Gaz and Justin on board, Gaz has the techniche(?),knowlegde and drive,Justin has the power and the best anchor man in the game but if we lose either....... its not a doubt in the teams its the fact they hold the teams together.

I do think the oc takes the IKO more seriously than ANY other club but its not to say they wont be trying.
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

It's all a laugh Dave, don't consider it too much of a huge competitive event, but the odd win is nice. More above anything is meeting up and having a laugh with new faces and old :th:

HM

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

Agreed, i don't care if i win or lose as long we have fun. I got annoyed last year because I was basically robbed.

It's cool that there are prizes available this year but I'll just enjoy the company, the banter and excessive amount of alcohol.
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

Have to agree with the above,all good fun although I do get fed up with being booed by other clubs,especially after last year at the fancy dress dance off when myself,Clare and little Harry were booed throughout.Myself and Clare took it all in jest but little Harry is now refusing to wear fancy dress at the show,I think it traumatised him.
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

Tallboy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Tallboy »

Its the boo's that are getting to me andy its like all the other clubs think that the prizes is all we are after rather than taking part and to be honest if we have a new member that takes part and he/she walks up to accept there prize and gets boo'd its not nice or good for the club.
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Tallboy wrote:Its the boo's that are getting to me andy its like all the other clubs think that the prizes is all we are after rather than taking part and to be honest if we have a new member that takes part and he/she walks up to accept there prize and gets boo'd its not nice or good for the club.
Then woe betied them. We are better than those that can't see the true spirit of a club :)

HM

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2014”