Pulley bolt

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
arctichotspur
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Pulley bolt

Post by arctichotspur »

Hi community!

Im trying to fix a small oil leak and believe that the camshaft seals behind the 4th timing cover are the sinners.

I have followed a step-by-step guide and removed spark plugs, plug leads, disconnected distributor cable, removed water pump pulley and alternator belt etc. Next up was the crankshaft pulley. This is absolutely stuck. I have no chance to loosen this bolt.

Saw the trick with starter engine and loosening the bolt, but have not tried it yet. But if/when I try it, do I need to reconnect spark plugs etc except coil before turning the start key or is it ok to do it with all the things disconnected/removed as it is now?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Re: Pulley bolt

Post by jimi »

Just turn it over, no need to reconnect plugs etc.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
arctichotspur
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Re: Pulley bolt

Post by arctichotspur »

Thanks Jimi. Worked as planned. Im changing the cam seals and cam belt. Anything else one should do as preventive maintenance since ive already taken belts and pulleys off?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”