Rev3 Turbo is 17psi the limit

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: Rev3 Turbo is 17psi the limit

Post by benckj »

I run a A2W IC and WI as a safeguard because fuel quality where I live can be intermittent. Octane boosted is not very practical given it only raises by a few 1/10ths. Using 10% methanol in tank is better.

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Rev3 Turbo is 17psi the limit

Post by MR2DI4 »

Nothing wrong with the stock intercooler it just needs a bigger fan with boost controlled switch. Any intercooler in the stock location will suck without a decent fan setup. For fuel i only run Mobil 97. You only need a few bolt ons to get reliable setup its just about the right supporting mods. Not hard if your only chasing small gains and seeking to use up the reserves in the basically stock setup.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”