Mr2-not ready to let it go UPDATE

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
dinono10

Re: Mr2-not ready to let it go

Post by dinono10 »

Well, I'm definitely keeping the car. Just completed an oil change and oil filter change on the car. Also, got rid of loads of dirt build-up on the wheel arches god knows how long that's been. The amount of looks it gets is amazing. It's such a rare car that I always notice people looking at it in the rear view especially kids.

Regarding the rust problem I'm not sure if I can slow it down by buying something temporarily from Halfords. However, once I have sold the BMW I am very tempted to try buying an MR2 mk3 and keeping the mark 2 in the garage. I have always liked them and they seem to resemble a nice basic go-kart similar to a Lotus Elise. How many people on here I am both cars?

I won't be getting rid of it but at the same time I'm not sure how much I can spend and invest in it.

Kyanno : I think the fact that it is so rare and looks like a mini Ferrari pop-up headlights etc makes it extra special and the fact that is affordable and very economical makes me want to hold on to it so I would very much like you in that sense.

Woody928: I will look into your methods I'm not really mechanically minded when it comes to cars although I can do the very bare basics. I can leave the car in the garage however hopefully with the weather warming up I won't need to do that too often of course this is England though

Topic author
dinono10

Re: Mr2-not ready to let it go UPDATE

Post by dinono10 »

I sold the BMW today for £3,000. So at a loss of £500.

Yesterday, I went to look at her mr2mk3. It was exactly what I wanted in red, low mileage and overall in good condition. However after doing a HPI Check I found out that it was a category s write-off. So I'm very glad that I done the check as the owner was very dishonest about not informing me. He actually had three mr2mk3. He knew a lot about them and seems like a really nice genuine person. However, I cannot believe he didn't put on the advert or even mention it to me after travelling all the way to see it that it was a write off.

I have now decided I want to get an MR2 mark 3. Got to keep the tradition I will be going for a post face-lift one in red preferably.

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

dinono10 wrote: 15/04/18 20:11 Yesterday, I went to look at her mr2mk3. It was exactly what I wanted in red, low mileage and overall in good condition. However after doing a HPI Check I found out that it was a category s write-off. So I'm very glad that I done the check as the owner was very dishonest about not informing me. He actually had three mr2mk3. He knew a lot about them and seems like a really nice genuine person. However, I cannot believe he didn't put on the advert or even mention it to me after travelling all the way to see it that it was a write off.
not from the Bedford area by any chance?
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

peteV6R5 wrote: 15/04/18 22:08
dinono10 wrote: 15/04/18 20:11 Yesterday, I went to look at her mr2mk3. It was exactly what I wanted in red, low mileage and overall in good condition. However after doing a HPI Check I found out that it was a category s write-off. So I'm very glad that I done the check as the owner was very dishonest about not informing me. He actually had three mr2mk3. He knew a lot about them and seems like a really nice genuine person. However, I cannot believe he didn't put on the advert or even mention it to me after travelling all the way to see it that it was a write off.
not from the Bedford area by any chance?
No unfortunately not. I'm from Brighton. Why so you ask?

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

the seller, there is a notorious one from there.
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

No it definitely wasn't him. If sky was based in Uckfield East Sussex. He had several MR2, and knew so much about them. I went with a friend and we both thought it was quite genuine. It was only one I've done a HPI check online but I found it was a category s write-off. I emailed him to say I wouldn't be bidding on it but I wish him all the best and coarse heard nothing back.

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

I really want a red mk3 2003+...just depends how far I'm willing to travel for a low mileage in good condition.

I've seen one in Lincolnshire but its mot soon runs out but ticks all the other boxes.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”