Rev 3 Turbo engine bay top heater hose P/N

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2madlad

Rev 3 Turbo engine bay top heater hose P/N

Post by MR2madlad »

Hi fellow members

I am after some help.

Got a 1994 turbo and have removed, stripped and rebuilt engine, all back in car and all good except that pretty much all coolant hoses weep after refitting where they have been on the car for 25 years and rubber is shot.

Bought all the main front radiator hoses and hoses from hard lines to thermostat housing and water tree thing on head, these are now perfect (old ones the rubber inside could literally be rubbed away to expose the string stuff moulded in the rubber)

The problem I have is with the heater hard lines to water tree, the shorter bottom hose which fits on bottom hard line heater to the metal pipe bracket that bolts over gearbox is fine but the top longer hose that goes to the port on the water tree Toyota can't seem to get.

Toyota keep giving me the same diagram with shows 87245A with a part number of 87245-17190 which is the correct for a 3S-GE but will NOT fit the turbo version as turbo and waist gate is in the way, the water tree thing is also different on said diagram.

I took the hose into Toyota and showed them the difference which is major and they still can't seem to track this hose down.

Does anyone out there have the correct part number for the engine bay top heater hard line hose to water tree on head for a Rev 3 turbo?

its the only pipe left and its shot so really need to find this before it burst.

I would like to upload a picture but how the heck do I upload on here?

Thanks

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Rev 3 Turbo engine bay top heater hose P/N

Post by jimi »

The number you quoted is correct up until 1993:
1994 TOYOTA MR2 (SW20-AJMZZ)
GT JPN TBR 3SGTE MTM 5F
87245A HOSE, HEATER WATER, INLET A
87245-17190 (12/1989 - 10/1993) 1 $64.29
87245-17310 (11/1993 - ) 1 $64.56
Once I'm back on my PC I'll post up the diagram
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

EPC Diagram

EPC part numbers

Topic author
MR2madlad

Post by MR2madlad »

Hi Jimi

Sorry for the very late reply

I never did get to the bottom of the hose issue.

I ended up buying a good used set and fitting the one I needed, it was in good shape so usable.

87245-17190 is definitely the wrong one for the Gen 3 turbo, its the wrong shape and length confirmed by ordering it in anyway to see as Toyota said its not a problem to return.

87245-17310 looks like it might be the right one (11-1993 onwards) but Toyota could not order it in the UK apparently so I'll never know.

The picture shows the 4 hoses, left to right:

1st = lower heater hard line (firewall) to metal pipe bracket that bolts on around starter motor and then joins the hadrline bolted to cylinder head that all come off water pump housing (goes under dizzy)

2nd - Top heater hard line to water tree just below left to where the filler cap pipe union bolts onto the water junction tree. this looks to be 87245-17310 so completely different shape from what's in the diagram.

3rd - pipe to main radiator, short one cambelt side of engine from thermostat housing to hard line just below A/C compressor (if you have A/C fitted)

4th - long pipe from water junction tree to hard line down behind / beside gearbox left direction from back.

Cheers

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

Glad you got it sorted, even if it wasn't with a new hose. The info / pics may be useful to someone in the future :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”