Swapping Steering Wheel

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Nev_Cohen
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Swapping Steering Wheel

Post by Nev_Cohen »

Hey guys, I'm hopefully picking up a rev 2 at the weekend that I've fallen in love with. However, one thing I'm not a huge fan of is the 3 spoke steering wheel on the car. I'm looking at getting the 4 spoke steering wheel, that I have seen on some Mk2's, and have found a few for sale online. Would this fit straight onto the car? And how difficult would this be to achieve? Thanks

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Swapping Steering Wheel

Post by shinny »

It'll be a pretty simple swap, although do bear in mind that the 4-spoke wheel is an airbag wheel so you may struggle to get a complete one shipped to you as it's basically an explosive.

Here's my video on swapping the steering wheel:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”