Wideband (Innovate MTXL Plus) analogue output

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 1 day old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Sonac
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Wideband (Innovate MTXL Plus) analogue output

Post by Sonac »

So I just installed my innovate MTXL Plus wideband into my Rev 2 by replacing the oxygen sensor on the exhaust manifold.

The MTXL Plus has a yellow output wire which it simulates narrowband which you hook up to the original oxygen sensor wire so the ECU stays happy.

What voltage on the O2 sensor is stoich meant to be at? I've seen some people saying 0.45 volts is correct for stoich. Others 0.5 say 0.5 volts. The general consensus is that oxygen sensors run between 0 and 1 volt but the range doesn't matter so long as stoich is correct.

Currently since I didn't really know my range is 0.1v to 1.1v and stoich is sitting at 0.39 volts.

Anyone have experience with this?
Last edited by Sonac on 16/04/19 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Sonac
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Wideband questions

Post by Sonac »

I prevailed though experimentation. It seems for the MR2 at least 0.45 is stoich.

Car starts up running a little rich around 13.2 ish AFR and slowly climbs to a steady 14.7 AFR after a minute or so.

These are my new settings for anyone thinking about the MTXL Plus like me.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 1 day old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”