Does anyone live near the Brighton area?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
dinono10

Does anyone live near the Brighton area?

Post by dinono10 »

Does anyone live in the area who is an expert on the mr2? Mine has been in the garage for over a year since I got my mr2 roadster.

It doesn't start but I'm sure I could jump start it. I just would like, if possible an expert to look over it with me and say what they feel may need to be done.

Obviously there is rust and the fact it has done 154000 miles. I live in Peacehaven which is near to Brighton (about 15 minutes away) :)

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Does anyone live near the Brighton area?

Post by gavsdavs »

Patrick (Headcase) is in Bexhill on sea, not a million miles away

DJCarlos

Post by DJCarlos »

There's a guy in Newhaven that I use, he's a general mechanic (not an expert) but he's always worked wonders on my MR2 and the wife's Mk2 Scirocco - Newhaven Car Services.

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

DJCarlos wrote: 24/04/19 8:02 There's a guy in Newhaven that I use, he's a general mechanic (not an expert) but he's always worked wonders on my MR2 and the wife's Mk2 Scirocco - Newhaven Car Services.
That's literally up the road. I'm in Peacehaven. I used to teach at the secondary school in Newhaven. I'll look him up. Thank you. I did try to jump start it yesterday using my mark 3. It started but after around 2 mins died again. So it may not even make it there.

DJCarlos

Post by DJCarlos »

dinono10 wrote: 24/04/19 16:24
DJCarlos wrote: 24/04/19 8:02 There's a guy in Newhaven that I use, he's a general mechanic (not an expert) but he's always worked wonders on my MR2 and the wife's Mk2 Scirocco - Newhaven Car Services.
That's literally up the road. I'm in Peacehaven. I used to teach at the secondary school in Newhaven. I'll look him up. Thank you. I did try to jump start it yesterday using my mark 3. It started but after around 2 mins died again. So it may not even make it there.
Good luck mate. He might be able to help with a tow if it's that bad.

Tell them Carl sent you!

Topic author
dinono10

Post by dinono10 »

DJCarlos wrote: 24/04/19 18:48
dinono10 wrote: 24/04/19 16:24
Good luck mate. He might be able to help with a tow if it's that bad.

Tell them Carl sent you!

I will do mate. I'm not sure what I want to do if I'm honest. I know I don't want to spend much money ok it at all. I like saving /over paying mortgage.
I currently drive a Mr2 mk3 in superb condition which is do like. But I look in the garage everyday and see the mk2 which I've owned for 8 years and want to drive it still. It's done 153000 miles is rusty and has faded paint.
I'm probably stupid for even considering fixing it as it's probably a money pit but I love it.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”