ECU plug replacement pins?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 1

ECU plug replacement pins?

Post by abovetherim »

As per title does anyone know where I might be able to buy new pins for the body loom plug at the ECU.
I'm currently repining my rev1 for a rev3 and there are 2 different sizes in the plug. I need to replace one of the bigger ones with the smaller.

I know I could use a tail from one esp as there is at least 1 unused wire but that doesn't sit well if I can do it properly

Thanks
Jan

1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: ECU plug replacement pins?

Post by MR2DI4 »

Just rob the loom from the wreckers, they would never get used anyway. Many of those Japanese plugs and connectors are custom made, I wouldn't know where to start and I used to sell that sort of OEM electronics components.

Thats what I did when I wanted to use a spare Power Steering relay to control my engine bay fans. Rather than start cutting off the plugs I made adapters by cutting the plugs from a written off car.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”