EML problems

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Chrisboy

EML problems

Post by Chrisboy »

HI i have a Mk2 Rev3 N/A
car has been having problems for a while now the engine management is coming up and flickering in cold weather and rain, also early morning starts but once its been running 10-15 mins it runs and drives like a treat, but it stinks of fuel when first started.
I've tried replacing almost everything ignition related on the car;
ignition module
coil pack
rota arm distributor cap
distributor block
ht leads
spark plugs
various filters
Throttle position sensor
Ecu has been checked and coming up with no faults also opened it to check it
capsules are all intact and its in general pretty clean
all earths and plugs are working as intended and it seems no mechanic wants to deal with it or has any idea.
the car does have a de-catted exhaust on it could this be causing back pressure?
I've ordered a 02 sensor to replace the old rusted one on at the moment.

if anyone has had any similar problems or has any advice would be a huge help love the car but close to giving up!

thanks for reading
Chris :facepalm:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”