Boost gauges and timer

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
bland450
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Boost gauges and timer

Post by bland450 »

Hey just bought my fifth mr2 after having a 10 year gap. Just bought a turbo and it has all sorts of gadgets like turbo boost controller a turbo boost gauge and a turbo timer

My question is do i need all these gadgets?

I'm not going to race it i might put my foot down a little on runs out but i aren't going to beat any land speed record.
I feel like they are unnecessary for road uses.

nick

Re: Boost gauges and timer

Post by nick »

I would leave them on. Boost gauge is useful. The level you should run depends on the specification. Timer presumably lets the engine run for a while after you turn off to help get heat out of the turbo, again, not a bad thing.

Topic author
bland450
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by bland450 »

I don't really understand the gauge at the moment. I'll work it out as i use the car.
How long would you set the timer for its set for 9 minutes now does that sound right?

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Post by benckj »

No that’s not right. I set mine for 30 secs to allow for some engine oil circulation and water cooling with rad fans operating.

Boost control and gauge go hand in hand. Can always use something more descreet than a large pod on dash. Mine does both functions plus more and fits in the clock position. Can always swap back to the factory system as it will work perfectly fine.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”