Newbie, dip stick

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Bru_lynn

Newbie, dip stick

Post by Bru_lynn »

Hi, new to MR2s having previously had a few Porsche 944s. I have just bought a 1991 MR2, non turbo and I am finding my way around it. The first question I have which I bet will have you guys laughing is, where is the dip stick for the oil level? I have found a drivers manual on the web and it shows the dip stick to be roughly opposite number 2 spark plug, numbering from the drivers or off side, also the book shows an oil filter nearby and there is n't on mine.
Help please as I do n't want to go far without knowing I've got oil.

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Newbie, dip stick

Post by MR2DI4 »

Well i confess to not being able to find the engine bay hood release lever but not the dip stick 🤣

Anyway its between the engine and the cabin firewall down low. Mine has bright yellow heat resistant material on it. No problem to pull out but requires good aim to get back in if you know what I mean.

Topic author
Bru_lynn

Post by Bru_lynn »

Thanks for that, the yellow on the dipstick had faded or I might have spotted it.

nick

Post by nick »

This reminds me of a friend many years ago who asked how we got the oil down the dipstick hole :facepalm:

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20

Post by jeff »

that's easy, you just use a funnel
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23

Post by MR2DI4 »

Dont joke about oil down the dipstick hole as that how many new cars do it. Spent ages looking for a filler bolt on my subaru 6mt trans in the end the oil went down the dipstick for it but i guess at least its designed with a bigger hole.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”