Leaking windows

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Sonac
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Leaking windows

Post by Sonac »

Both my driver and passenger side windows are leaking where the glass meets the rubber. I tried using the lopsided recepticles on the roof to pull the rubber closer to the window but it doesn't seem to make much difference. If it's raining it will drip on my leg.

Not sure how to solve this issue. The T-Top doesn't leak at all luckily.

The driver side quater window also leaks but i'm pretty sure some silicone will solve that.

Any ideas?

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Leaking windows

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

check out the know your 2 section , cling film and flexible silicone , do mine every year much cheaper than new T-Bar seals :D
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Topic author
Sonac
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Sonac »

MRHAPPY62 wrote: 12/12/19 20:46 check out the know your 2 section , cling film and flexible silicone , do mine every year much cheaper than new T-Bar seals :D
Just looked at the pictures of the clingfilm method. The corners isn't the part its leaking from.
Its the actual rubber strip which the window pushes against. The window is kinda loose and doesn't make a proper seal against he rubber.

I think this is a window thing since I noticed there is a big gap on the windows and there is quite a bit of play. I think there is meant to be some kind of brushes which put pressure on the window but I found them inside my door when I took the door cards off.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Oh yes seperate issue window adjustment I havent had to do that however i am sure ive read about it on here somewhere !
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

yes - window adjustment fixes leaking windows, its in the bgb
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2/mk2 ... kbartid=86
its a bit of a PitA but once you get yor head round it you can get them all lined up and sealled well. even on old rubber
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”